Ghiya | Lauki ki Sabzi recipe |Bottle-gourd in tomato gravy is an easy, basic, healthy, and the best seasonal vegetable recipe. As per Ayurveda, Lauki/ Bottle-gourd is very good for digestion. It recommends having bottle gourd during summer/monsoon season or change of season.
Ghiya /Lauki / Bottle-gourd- The magical Vegetable
Ayurveda suggests eating bottle-gourd as it has many benefits.
10 Most common Benefits of Ghiya / Lauki / Bottle-gourd:
- Improves Digestion.
- Reduces bile and stops indigestion.
- Is cooling and calming.
- Reduces the chances of a Urinary Tract Infection.
- Keeps your heart healthy.
- Is a big Stress buster.
- Is very high in sodium and potassium, hence replenishes your body and helps to beat the heat.
- Good to manage acidity.
- Controls premature aging, as it is rich in Vit C and zinc.
- Helps in weight loss.
After reading all these benefits, am sure no one can not cook this magical vegetable. There are many other benefits, which I have not written about. You may Goole for more.
Why make Lauki / Bottle-gourd with this Recipe:
This is easy to make, quick to serve recipe. Its simple preparation ensures the nutrients being intact in the vegetable. Also, the simple flavors of the vegetable are enhanced with tomato and lemon curry. With keeping the gravy basic and simple, the benefits of the vegetable are kept intact.
How to make this Bottle-gourd :
This recipe has three main ingredients. Bottle-gourd/ Lauki, Chopped tomatoes, Lemon juice. Simple spices to add to the flavor. To get the best flavor of this vegetable, cook Lauki in Desi Ghee/Clarified Butter. But just in case you want a Vegan Recipe, you may use a flavorless oil.
Some Other Vegan recipes you may like:
Some other Lunch Recipes:
- Matar Paneer.
- Kachnar Phool/ Bauhinia Flower.
- Aloo Bhein Sabzi/ Lotus stem and potato curry.
- Kundru Masala/Pan-roasted ivy gourd.
- Chana Dal khichdi
- Dal Palak
- Rajma Masala
- Butter Chicken.
- Langarwali Dal
- Makhani Dal
- Kadhai Paneer.
- Paneer Biryani.
- Chicken Biryani.
- Punjabi Chicken curry.
Some Indian Bread recipes you may like:
- Soya Parantha.
- Doli Ki Roti.
- Whole wheat Pita Bread.
- Sheermal/ Milk Bread.
- Kadi Pakora Parantha/ Indian curry flatbread.
- Wholewheat Broccoli Parantha.
- Amritsari Kulcha.