Khatti Dal | Tangy Lentil Curry | Hydrabadi Khatti dal is a delicious recipe for split pigeon or Arhar dal. A Step-by-Step picture recipe. Its tangy flavor comes from raw mango. Tempered with chana dal, dry red chili, mustard seeds, and curry leaves.
It’s called ‘ Khatti Dal’ due to the flavor of raw mangoes added while boiling. Some people add Tamarind instead of Raw mango. But I like raw mango flavor better. I even add a little Jaggery to balance the flavor. But it’s optional. You can alter the amount of raw mango as per preference. If you are ok with too tangy, then add 1 full raw mango plus add a little jaggery to balance if you like.
Served best with Jeera Rice, Chapati, Pilaf, or Parantha.
Other popular Dal / Lentil recipes on the blog:
- Dal Baati Churma | Baked |Lesser Calories
- Dal Makhani/ Makhani Dal- 30 minutes Meal
- Dal Pakwan-Baked recipe | Sindhi Snack | Low Fat | Vegan
- Ash Gourd Sambar recipe | Kumblakai Koddel or Sambar
- Langarwali Dal | Temple Dal | Langar Dal |How to make lentil made at the Indian Temples
Served best with :
- Vegetable Pilaf | Veg Pulao in a Cooker – Ready in 15 minutes
- Black pepper rice/Pilaf -Kali Mirch
- Kathal Biryani | Jackfruit Biryani
- Cucumber Raita recipe | Kheera Raita recipe
- Aloo Raita | Perfect Indian condiment
- Dahi bhalla recipe| How to make the softest dahi bhalla
- Jackfruit Curry | Kathal Curry | Kathal Ki Sabzi
- Green Chutney | Coriander Chutney