Papaya-Beetroot-Corn salad is easy to make a glutenfree and healthy salad. Prepared with raw papaya, beetroot, and corn along with other vegetables.
This salad is the easiest and the most refreshing of all the salads I have had during this season. We can say this is a summer salad. Fresh, cold, and refreshing. #yummy #coldsalad #burgers #bestfood #immunity #healthy
You can even make this in vegan too. Just replace the mayonnaise with vegan mayonnaise. Or simple have it with a lemon and spice vinegarette. There are few recipes on this blog with vegan vinegarettes. You may like:
- Raw Papaya Salad | How to make crunchy raw papaya salad with mustard.
- Mango Salad with roasted cumin vinaigrette.
- Indian Vegetarian Boondi Salad with simple sweet vinegar dressing.
- Chickpeas fruit and nut salad with simple Greek dressing
Some Burger Recipes which go well with this Salad at the base:
- 1 cup raw papaya grated with the skin
- 1/2 cup cucumber finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green capsicum/red capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 cup boiled corn kernels
- 1/4 cup onions finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp spring onion only the greens
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 beetroot boiled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp southwest dressing
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar optional
- 1/4 cup grated carrots optional
- Grate the papaya with the skin.
- Chop the other vegetables.
- In a deep bowl, add all the ingredients together. Add the beetroot and salt only at the last when ready to serve as beets leave their color.
- Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Mix everything well just before serving after adding the beets and salt.
- Goes best with garlic bread. Also compliments best as burger base.
Use this Salad for Burger filler as well. Goes perfect as a base for beetroot burgers, Green lentil Burgers and Yam burger or Chicken Burger. Find the Recipe on the post above.
Leave a Reply