Oh the weather outside is frightful,But the fire is so delightful,
And since we’ve no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
Let it snow!
- Dean Martin
Come December and as soon as its time around Christmas my kitchen is filled with the beautiful aromas of puddings and cakes.As soon as we set up our Christmas tree in our living room we bid adieu to all our worries and sadness if any. And bring in joy and brightness inside our house. That’s what Christmas is meant to be….wholesome happiness all along!!Christmas is also synonymous with one more delicacy THE PLUM CAKE.Traditionally made around Christmas time with many different versions. I too have tried a new one this year.Fishing out all the best ingredients i like,giving it all a nice mix and here it is….my plum cake ……with a difference.And it came out delicious..just the way i wanted.
This is a non-alcoholic version.An alcoholic version can be done by substituting rum with orange juice.i have developed this recipe after trying various recipes and incorporating a few things to make it taste better….you will agree with me when you try it yourself.
Difficulty Level: Medium
My cup size: 200ml
Merry Christmas!!! Oh the weather outside is frightful,But the fire is so delightful, And since we’ve no place to go, Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let it snow! - Dean Martin Come December and as soon as its time around Christmas my kitchen is filled with the beautiful aromas of puddings and cakes.As so
- 2 cups Wheat flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp All spice powder
- 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup orange juice soak the dry fruits overnight in orange juice. Raisins,dried apricots,
- 3 tbsps mango Candied cuts
- 1/4 cup Coco powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 1/4 cup dark choco chips chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat the oven @180 celsius
- Sieve together flour,baking powder,baking soda,all spice powder.keep aside.
- Beat eggs till white in color.Add vanilla essence and butter and beat till mix. Add brown sugar and beat until well incorporated.
- Drain the juice from the fruits and retain the juice for later.
- Coat flour on the fruits so that they don't sink to the bottom while baking.Add the candied mango cuts too.
- prepare caramel-
- Heat sugar with 1tbsp water and wait until sugar is melted. Once the sugar is melted add 1/4 cup water carefully . Be careful while adding water as the water may splash out.and bring to boil again.Cool this mixture and keep aside.
- Now fold in the flour mix to the egg mix.Mix till well incorporated.
- Add the caramel and fruits and candied fruits and mix well.
- At this point add the drained orange juice to meet the right consistency.
- Grease a bundt cake pan with butter and pour this mixture into the pan and bake for 30 minutes or till done.
- Till the cake is cooling prepare your icing.
- For icing :-
- Heat the sugar +butter + cream and bring to a boil
- Take it off heat and add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour this after its at room temperature on the cake and top it with some white chocolate chips.
- You will not be able to resist the aroma and find yourself cutting a nice big piece and enjoying it with a hot cup of coffee.
Ronita Sandhya says
i dont understand the bit about the soaked orange juice
Recipes and you says
Hi Ronita, there was an error in writing. Please see now, it has been rectified.