A very simple and flavorful recipe.Everyday Meal.Pan fried Eggplants and potatoes.Simply baingan aloo with a twist.
Try this recipe and youll enggplant in your menu again.This is how you can make this simple but yummy Eggplant delight.
- 6 - 7 Eggplants / Baigan /Brinja( long) :
- 2 Onion :
- 3 Tomatoes :
- 2 Potatoes : small
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves : th
- 1/4 tsp Fennel seeds :.
- 1/4 tsp Jeera / Cumin Seeds : .
- 1 tsp Tomato puree: .
- to taste salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder ( degi) : or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala :
- 2 tsp Dhania Corriander / Powder:
- Oil to cook and fry
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala :
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise into small rectangles.
- Fry them in hot oil till golden brown and cooked.Fry the potatoes too till cooked and keep aside.
- In the same wok, remove oil till only 2 tbsp left, and now cook the masala in the same kadai/wok.
- Now, in hot oil, add fennel seeds,jeera/cumin seeds and let them splutter.Add onion cut lengthwise and cook until brown.Add the masala/spices and salt and cook on low flame till the onions leave oil.Now,add tomatoes and cook again for 5 minutes until oil separates.Add the tomato puree and cook again till oil separates.This will not take more than a few minutes.
- Once the masala is cooked,add eggplants and potatoes and mix on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with paranthas or chapatis/Indian Breads.
Leave a Reply