Whole-wheat Cranberries Yogurt Cake
Where there’s a whisk,there is a way
A light, healthy, moist, a bit crumbly but totally melt in mouth cake.Made with sour yogurt, cranberries, crushed almonds with skin and 100% whole-wheat Flour.Yes you heard it right. I always bake with 100% Whole wheat Flour.
There are some recipes which you look forward to make and plan ahead and then execute. And then there are a few recipes which just happen and you look back at them in time and thank yourself that you made them.
This is one such recipe which will remain in my memory and of course my ‘make again’ list as its super easy to make, delicious, healthy and it just brought everyone together on the table.
I bake often. And mostly cakes.
“All you need is Love and a little piece of Cake”
Holds true in my case.
And more than me it’s my children who just want to have a Cake to bite on to very often.
“A party without a Cake is just a meeting”…Julia Child.
How True! And it’s a mantra we all follow as a rule. Am sure if you are a cake lover like us, you definitely agree.
A rich, moist, sometimes fancy, prepared with seasonal fruits and local ingredients Cake just completes the dessert table.
Well it also completes my Tea Time! And a light snack with milk for my Kids.
They are more than happy to have a piece of cake with their favorite milkshake and are always looking out for new flavors. One question which is consistent “What flavor next mama“?
So I look out for my next ingredient and of course the combination of fruits and nuts which I can combine to make it a healthy one.
Here’s my next one – Whole-wheat Yogurt and cranberry Cake.
A few other whole-wheat cakes on the blog are:
Whole-wheat grapes vanilla cranberries cake, Whole-wheat almond berries marble cake,6 superdelicious whole-wheat cakes to bake.
Click on the image to link to the recipe.
|8 ppl||15 min|
Whole-wheat Yogurt and cranberry Cake. A light, healthy, moist, a bit crumbly but totally melt in mouth cake. Made with sour yogurt, cranberries, crushed almonds with skin and 100% whole-wheat Flour. Yes you heard it right. I always bake with 100% Whole wheat Flour.
- 1 1/2 cup flour / Whole wheat flour My cup size 1 cup=200ml
- 1 cup Castor Sugar
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- pinch salt
- 1/2 +1/4 cup cooking oil any flavorless oil. I used canola oil
- 1 cup Ground Almond/ Almond Powder grind with skin or without as per your preference
- butter to grease the pan
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup yogurt Put normal thick yogurt.Slightly sour,prefereably 2-3 days old.
- Preheat the oven @ 180 degrees c Line a Bundt pan with butter.
- Sieve the whole-wheat flour, baking powder, salt together in a dish and keep aside.
- Take 2 tbsp. of this flour mix and coat the cranberries with this dry flour well. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs well till frothy. Add the sugar and almond powder, vanilla essence and oil together.
- Add the yogurt and beat again at medium high speed.
- Now, start putting and mixing the flour mix into the wet mixture gradually. Put 1 serving spoon at a time .Once its well incorporated then go on and add the next one and so on.
- Now add the cranberries and pour this mix to the greased Bundt pan and put it in the over for baking for 35-40 minutes or till done.
- After 30 minutes or so, check the cake with a skewer if it’s done and then put it further if needed. My oven took 35 minutes for this to bake well.
- Cool the cake completely covered with kitchen towel on the shelf before unmolding it.
- Enjoy for cake with a dollop of cream or just like that.
Leave a Reply