Dates Almond Sesame Bites and Loaf
With the goodness of 100%wholewheat.
A Super Healthy Treat to satisfy your sweet tooth!!
I can call this my healthiest Cake till date. Also, the most satisfying as the kids got all that I wanted them to have without any tantrums and convincing by me.So, I can even call this a Happy Moms Cake. In my earlier post, I shared the many benefits of Sesame Seeds with all of you. This cake /loaf is just an extension and another recipe the kids would love to eat and will get the wholesome goodness of the rich ingredients like Almonds, Dates and of course Sesame seeds ,all embraced in a 100%wholewheat batter. My kids just drooled over this one and didn’t even come to know about the disguised Super food. The first lot of Mini Bites was gone in minutes by my kids and the cousins. And the loaf is ready and instructed to be put in Tiffin and saved for the Days as well.
I used the same batter to make the bites as well as the loaf. Sesame seeds also taste best when you dry roast them before cooking anything. Sesame seeds and flax seeds are a very rich source of many important nutrients and should be consumed in winters daily to get the benefits right. I always have roasted sesame seeds and flax seeds in my pantry. I ground them and always keep them in store .I have them every day with my egg and toast in breakfast. This way I get my daily supply right in the morning. But for kids one needs to find tastier options. So this Loaf and my earlier recipe of Til/Sesame Panjiri come to help. You may find my Til Panjiri recipe here.So here’s how to make this super cake…
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour :
- xbd cup Sugar :
- 4 tbsp Sesame Seeds : ( roasted and ground)
- 270 Gms Dates : .
- 1/3 cup Almonds : rd ground in processor.
- 6 - 7 Apricots Dried :
- 2 tbsp Sugar almonds apricots to grind and : .
- 3 Eggs : medium
- 1 tsp Baking Powder : .
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda : .
- 1/2 cup Butter (salted):
- 3 - 4 tbsp Milk : . for consistency.
- Beat the butter till pale yellow and soft.
- Add powdered sugar and beat again. Add eggs one by one, and beat until well blended.
- Now, grind the almonds and dried apricots in a mixer with 2 tsp. sugar
- Add this mixture to the beaten egg mixture and blend nicely with the electric hand blender.
- Deseed and Soften the dates with your hands. If you are using the hard ones then you need to soak them in 2-3tsp milk overnight. The softer ones can be instantly used. Mash the dates with your fingers as much you can.
- Add sesame seeds and mashed Dates blend again till mixed well.
- In a separate bowl, sieve together u2013whole-wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add this to the wet mix and mix very softly with a silicon spatula or wooden spatula.
- Pour the mixture in the muffin tray and rest in a loaf mould. The loaf mould youu2019ll need is of the size: 16 cm * 7 cm.
- Bake the muffins @ 160 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes or till done.
- Keep the loaf mould/ pan in the fridge till then. If you have a big oven and you have space to bake both together then you may bake both together. I have a 42 ltrs. Oven and I can just bake 12 muffin trays at once, so I keep the rest in fridge till then. Once the Muffins are done, reset the timer for another 30 -35 minutes and bake the loaf at the same temp. but loaf may take more time to cook till the center.
- Serve hot with a cup of Tea or Milk. Cool the rest and store in an air tight container.
- This cake is an excellent tiffin snack too. This cake can stay out in winters for about 2 days and in the refrigerator for 7-9 days.
- This recipe makes 12 muffins and one small loaf.
- Happy baking and healthy eating!!
Make this soft and super healthy Loaf and give a kick start to your Day!
Leave a Reply