Who knew that a few fried tortillas and cheese would do such a magic on the world. These are my personal favorite and they are always on top of my list for any party or game with dips suiting our moods.
Simply prepared ,this recipe will surely please your palette and save its place on your recipe list.These light and crispy fried tortillas go well with all dips of your choice.Salsa being my personal preference, i have a recipe posted for a homemade tomato salsa on this blog.You may have a look at it too and try for a refreshing treat with these homemade nachos.A hint of barbecue masala as garnish takes the taste to the next level.
It does surprise me sometimes,how all the cuisines are intermingled in terms of preparation.
So enjoy this recipe and happy cooking.
Author: Aditi Bahl
Total time: 25 mins
My Cup size = 200ml There is a salsa Dip recipe on this site. Click here for recipe: Salsa dip
- 1 cup corn flour Atta meal /Makai Ka
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour th
- 1 tbsp . oil
- Water flour to knead the
- to fry ( i use canola oil) Oil
- masala salt Barbecue and little as garnish
- Kneading the Flour: In a bowl add the flours, oil and salt and mix with your fingers. Now, adding water slowly and gradually knead a roti like dough.Knead for good 5-6 minutes to release all air in the flour so that the nachos are crispier.Leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes and knead for a minute to smoothen again.
- Making tortillas: Make medium size rotis/tortillas and keep them separate. The thickness should be like rotis. Now, semi-cook them on a flat griddle or pan. Please donu2019t cook / brown them like rotis. We just have to cook them a bit to evaporate the moisture so that they are crisp when fried.
- Making the Nachos: Cut the tortillas into triangular cuts and fry them on medium high flame.
- Serve: Sprinkle come barbeque masala on freshly fried nachos and serve with fresh salsa.
Serving size: 4
My Cup size = 200ml
Try the homemade salsa recipe : Homemade Salsa
Leave a Reply