I think everyone of us has childhood memories attached to a marble cake.
I too get very nostalgic, whenever I bite on a marble cake. As the bite brings back a whole wave of old memories. Years have passed but this cake has by far beaten all the luscious and rich bakes I have done. Not because they were any less in texture and flavor. But, owing to the memories I have of it.The delicately streaked or psychedelic patterns just look so gorgeous.
Today, I made this again on special demand by my son.
If you follow my blog, you know how particular I am of the health bit. So, this cake is again 100% Whole wheat.
- 200 Gms Whole wheat flour /1 cup
- 200 / 1 Gms cup Butter
- 200 / 1 Gms cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa . powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence .
- 4 eggs large
- 1 - 2 tbsp milk .
- xbd Lemon zest lemon of
- 3 - 4 drops Lemon Juice
- 2 xbd Tsps . Baking Power
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease a 8u2019 Bundt cake pan with butter.
- Beat the butter the sugar together till pale in color and bit fluffy texture. Now, gradually add eggs one at a time and mixing with a hand lender or processor till nicely blended. Add vanilla essence and mix. Add lemon juice and zest and mix well.
- In another bowl, sieve together whole wheat flour( I use ashirwad select),baking powder.
- In a small bowl, keep aside 2 tbsp. cocoa powder.
- Now, slowly add the flour (2 serving spoons at a time) to the butter and egg mixture. Keep adding the flour till done and flour well blended. Add 1 tsp. milk and mix well. Take 2 tbsp. of this mixture and add to the cocoa powder and mix. Add 1-2 tsp. milk for consistency.
- Pour the white batter in the cake pan and spread evenly. Now on top sprinkle the cocoa mixture in droplets form and spread in the desired design through.
- Bake this @180 degree C for 30-35 minutes .Keep checking with a skewer till done.
- Let it cool completely before slicing on a wire rack.
- Note: All the ingredients should be at room temperature.
Leave a Reply