Vegetable Fried Rice….
This may be the best accompaniment to the vegetable in sweet and sour sauce and it goes well with all other Chinese curries.When the menu is Chinese,our platter is never complete without fried rice.It just tastes perfect and completes the meal.Although a meal in itself ,it is best served as an accompaniment to various curries and pan fry dishes like dry Manchurian and chicken.My simple recipe requires just
Cooks:1 medium bowl.
- 1 cup Rice ( basmati): ( parboiled)
- 1 - 2 Carrots : finely chopped
- 1 Spring onion (white portion) : finely chopped,save the greens for garnish.
- : 4 cloves Garlic -5 grated/paste
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce : ( add extra 1 tsp if a darker texture needed)
- 1 1/2 tsp Vinegar :
- 1 Capsicum : small finely chopped
- 5 - 6 Mushrooms :finely chopped(optional)
- 2 tbsp Oil to cook:
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper :
- Par boil the rice and keep aside.
- In another pan heat oil and add garlic and spring onion.
- Saute for 2 minutes till translucent.
- Add carrots,capsicum,mushrooms and saute till slightly cooked.
- Add soy sauce,salt,black pepper and mix.
- Add rice and mix well.
- Let it mix well on slow flame and cover cook for 2-3 minutes or till rice done.
- Add vinegar and give it a nice mix.
- Take it off flame and put in the serving dish.Garnish with the greens of spring onions.
- Serve hot with curries or stir fried vegetables.Goes best with vegetables in hot and sweet sauce.
Leave a Reply