Royal Brownies | Death by chocolate Brownies are the ultimate chocolate brownies filled with loads of chocolate. I also call it death by chocolate brownies. Its gooey chocolaty center and a flaky crust make it absolutely to die for dessert. A perfect Christmas Dessert!
The story behind these Gooey, super-chocolaty BROWNIES.
Picnic with friends, planned after a long time. Everyone was excited and the menus were on roll with lots of ideas of what to prepare to make it a memorable one.
Now, one hazard of being a blogger and baking cakes is that you surely end up with another bake at hand. Now, not that I don’t enjoy it, but this was with my dear friends. I really wanted to create something which goes deep down in their memory. And they relish it all over again with just the thought of it. So I thought the brownies will be the best thing to bake.
They are the most loved dessert universally. Initially developed in the U.S., it has become a must-have for any and every chocolate lover. I am personally a BIG fan of Brownies and have been making these for years now.
I have a quick recipe also posted earlier which is another quick and yummy but mostly used when I have less time at hand. You can also have a look at that one HERE.
Coming back to my picnic dessert selection, I didn’t want to make another usual brownie. The usual one tastes best when warmed and served with an accompaniment like ice cream or ganache. But this will be outdoors and the possibility of microwave or gas was remote…so the brownie itself should be rich enough that it can be served at room temperature and still doesn’t compromise on taste. Now, one thought leads to another and here it was, THE recipe was born, which became the richest and my best so far. I also call it THE ROYAL BROWNIE recipe.
King of brownies! With Nutella icing CROWN
With the ultimate fudge, the perfect flaky top, and gooey center. Overloaded with chocolate and more chocolate, and the result was heavenly. You have to make and taste it to believe it. You will agree with me when you’ll have a look at the ingredients column. Frost it with Nutella and you’ll take its richness one notch higher.INCREDIBLE.
I always choose my ingredients per richness and quality. But there are many substitutes available in the market and you can surely make changes as per your preferences. As far as my result goes, my friends were very happy and elated to bite on these rich pieces of pure bliss. Moreover, they have blocked and ordered that I would be only baking desserts for any rendezvous. So, here is my best brownie recipe for all of you. This recipe will serve you 24 brownies (approx). You may alter the quantity as per your need.
How to Prepare these Brownies. Steps-by-Step recipe
- Royal Brownies/Death by Chocolate Brownies – Royal brownies, super moist – Chocolate.I used Bournville rich cocoa. Butter ( unsalted), Castor Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Egg Yolk, All-purpose flour, Salt ( if you use salted butter then you may omit the salt), Vanilla Extract, Choco chip Dark, Choco chip White, Walnuts, Lemon juice, My size = 200 ml,
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler. Take it off the heat and let it cool down.
- Beat the eggs well. Add sugar and beat again. Add vanilla, salt, and beat again till it’s well incorporated. In another bowl, flour the choco chips and walnuts.
- This is done so that the nuts and choco chips do not sink while baking the brownies.
- Now, add flour and cocoa powder to the egg mixture and use a wooden or silicone spatula to mix. Mix well to avoid any lumps.
- Now, add the melted chocolate and butter mix and mix till well blended.
- Add the floured choco chips and walnuts.
- Pour this mixture in an already lined 12 inch by the 9-inch baking tray and let the butter paper or foil remain a bit extra on the sides to easily pull it out post-baking.
- Bake @ 180 Celsius for 25-30 minutes or till done.
- Do check after 20 minutes once to avoid over-baking. You may have to bake longer in case it’s not done as it differs per oven.do bake till done.
- Let it cool completely before cutting it.
- 300 gm chocolate : [i used Bournville rich cocoa]
- 260 gm butter : ( unsalted)
- 400 gm Castor Sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa Powder:
- 6 , 1 Eggs Yolk
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt ( if you use salted butter then you may omit the salt)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler.
- Take it off heat and let it cool down.
- Beat the eggs well .Add sugar and beat again.
- Add vanilla,salt and beat again till its well incorporated.
- In another bowl,flour the choco chips and walnuts.This is done so that the nuts and choco chips do not sink while baking the brownies.
- Now,add flour and cocoa powder to the egg mixture and use a wooden or silicon spatula to mix.Mix well to avoid any lumps.
- Now,add the melted chocolate and butter mix and mix till well blended.Add the floured choco chips and walnuts.
- Pour this mixture in a already lined 12 inch by 9 inch baking tray and let the butter paper or foil remain a bit extra on the sides to easily pull it out post baking.
- Bake @ 180 Celsius for 25-30 minutes or till done.Do check after 20 minutes once to avoid over baking .you may have to bake longer in case its not done as it differs per oven.do bake till done.
- Let it cool completely before cutting it.
TIPS: Always cut the brownies with a plastic knife to save the edges from crumbling. All ingredients must be at room temperature for an even cooking. Please keep checking in the last 10 min as over baking just kills the brownie. Happy Brownies to you!!
Happy Brownies to you!!
Do leave a comment....
Leave a Reply