Picnic with friends ,planned after a long time and everyone was so excited and menus were on roll with lots of ideas of what to prepare to make it enjoyable and interesting for us and the kids.Now,one hazard of being a blogger and baking cakes is that you surely end up with another bake at hand.Now, not that i don’t enjoy it,but this was with my dear friends and i really wanted to create something which goes deep down in their memory and they relish it all over again with just the thought of it . So i thought the brownies will be the best thing to bake. Brownies…They need no introduction and certainly no explanation for being the most loved dessert universally.Initially developed in the U.S., it has become like a must have for any and every chocolate lover.I am personally a BIG fan of Brownies and have been making these for years now.I have a quick recipe also posted earlier which is another quick and yummy but mostly used when i have less time at hand.You can also have a look at that one HERE. Coming back to my picnic dessert selection ,I didn’t want to make another usual brownie.The usual one tastes best when warmed and served with an accompaniment like an ice cream or genache .But this will be outdoors and the possibility of microwave or gas was remote…so the brownie itself should be rich enough that it can be served at room temperature and still doesn’t compromise on taste.Now,one thought lead to another and here it was, THE recipe was born ,which became the richest and my best so far.I also call it THE ROYAL BROWNIE recipe.The King of brownies! with Nutella icing CROWN.
|24 browniesprep||10 minutes|
A decadent dessert.A royal treat.Rich and chocolaty Death by chocolate brownies. You cannot ask for a more chocolaty dessert.
- 300 gm Chocolate Butter Castor Sugar Yolk All purpose flour Vanilla Extract : [i used Bournville rich cocoa]: 260 gm ( unsalted): 400 gmCocoa Powder: 4 tbspEggs:6 ,: 1: 1 1/2 cupSalt: 1/2 tsps( if you use salted butter then you may omit the salt): 2 tsps Choco chip Dark: 1/4 cupChoco chip White: 1/4 cupWalnuts: 1/4 cupLemon juice: 1 tsps
- 260 gm unsalted butter
- 400 gm caster sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 11/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt omit if using salted butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla E
- 1/4 cup Dark choco chip
- 1/4 cup white choco chips
- 1/4 cup walnut
- 1 tsp lemon juice my cup size: 1 cup=200 ml
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler.
- Take it off heatand let it cool down.
- Beat the eggs well .Add sugar and beat again.
- Add vanilla,salt and beat again till its well incorporated.
- In another bowl,flour the choco chips and walnuts.This is done so that the nuts andchoco chips do not sink while baking the brownies.
- Now,add flour and cocoa powder to the egg mixture and use a wooden or silicon spatula to mix.Mix well to avoid any lumps.
- Now,add the melted chocolate and butter mix and mix till well blended.Add the floured choco chips and walnuts.Pour this mixture in a already lined 12 inch by 9 inch baking tray and let the butter paper or foil remain a bit extra on the sides to easily pull it out post baking.
- Bake @ 180 Celsius for 25-30 minutes or till done.Do check after 20 minutes once to avoid over baking .you may have to bake longer in case its not done as it differs per oven.do bake till done.
- Let it cool completely before cutting it.
- Always cut the brownies with a plastic knife to save the edges from crumbling.
- All ingredients must be at room temperature for an even cooking.
- Please keep checking in the last 10 min as over baking just kills the brownie.
Happy Brownies to you!!
Leave a Reply