Vegetarian Seekh Kababs
Goodness of Massoor Dal,Vegetables and Paneer.
Lentils are becoming a thing of past slowly. Everyday one needs to brain storm the ways and recipes which are rich in flavor and goodness and can disguise these superfoods with ease.My kids loved these veg seekh kababs and am happy that they got the needed nutrition .Its lovely to completele your meal with a happy face on both sides.
This is also an excellent vegetarian snack for a party or evening Tea plan too. An easy and quick to prepare recipe.It has masoor dal,cabbage,capsicum ,onion,garlic and paneer as its main ingredient along with some lovely spices.
- 3/4 Cup Masoor Dal / Red lentil th
- 1 Ginger u201d piece of
- 7 - 8 cloves Garlic
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 cloves crushed to pwder
- 4 1/4 tsp cardamom (powdered) or th green cardamom green powder
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 cup paneer th grated
- to taste Salt
- 1/4 tsp salt th black
- xbd tsp Mirch Degi powder or to taste
- xbd tsp anardana powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- xbd bread piece of ( made into crumbs in mixer)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 onion small finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cabbage th grated
- 1/4 cup capsicum th finely chopped
- to fry / Oil Pan sear
- 1 tsp Malai Butter /
- Soak the masoor Dal for 2 hours.
- Strain the water and grind to paste in a mixer.
- Now to this mix,add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Now,take small portions and press on a skewer to make seekh kababs.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry these kababs on medium flame till golden brown on all sides.You may use less oil just enough to greas the kababs,as it has malai in it and too much oil will break them too.If your batter is a bit too soft then you may coat the kababs with cornflour before frying.Serve hot with mint chutney and tomato sauce.
Leave a Reply