A delicious Burger made from Indian Yam, raw banana and bottle gourd. The flavors will match with that of a crispy chicken burger. A delight for vegetarians. A super healthy Meal. An excellent source of energy with multiple nutrients, a very good option to serve to your little one too .It’s a power packed meal with mouthwatering flavors.
A Burger normally forms part of the junk food family. But this Yam-Burger is going to be an exception. With its endless list of health benefits, especially in summers, make this a super healthy meal.
I have been fascinated by yam or elephants foot as commonly known, ever since I first had yam curry/jhimikand curry. This lush curry, which duplicated the flavors of a meat/chicken dish, was so rich in flavors that I just fell in love with it instantly. When I read about this vegetable, I was so impressed by the long list of its health benefits that I wanted to create more recipes from this scrumptious but not so fancy looking root.
This burger recipe is surely going to make a permanent place in your menu for the week.
- 250 Gms yam / elephant foot yam
- 2 banana raw small
- 1/4 cup bottle gourd Grated
- 1/2 onionchopped
- 1 cup chana dal
- : 10 cloves garlic
- 2 tsps ginger paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbsps green capsicum
- 2 tbsps capsicum Red
- 2 tbsps yellow capsicum
- to taste salt
- 2 - 3 tbsps corn flour
- 2 tsps coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (degi mirch)
- 1/ 2 cup mayonnaise / burger mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps capsicum red
- 2 tbsps green capsicum
- 2 tbsps onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste/powder
- 1 tsp olive oil .
- 1 Pinch black pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves to stuff
- 2 Tomatoes sliced
- Mustard sauce tomato ketchup
- 6 cheese slice (optional)
- 6 Burger Buns
- How to prepare Burger (patty): Deskin the yam and wash and cube them nicely. Deskin the bananas and slice them as well. Wash the chana dal. Crush the garlic cloves in a mortar-pestle. Now in a pressure cooker, add the yam, chana dal, raw banana, garlic, 1/2 tsp. salt, ginger and xbd cup water and pressure cook on high for one whistle and then simmer the flame, and cook till another two whistles. Let it cool and then crush to paste with a potato masher.
- Now, Grate the bottler gourd and squeeze all the water nicely. You may use a muslin cloth to squeeze the gheeya/Bottle gourd, as no water should remain. Add this to your yam mixture and mash again to mix.
- Now, add all the spices and rest of the vegetables-green, yellow and red capsicum and onion, all finely chopped.
- Add the corn flour and make patties.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan and fry till done.
- Mayonnaise Dressing: Chop all the veggies and onion .Grate the garlic. Add this to the mayonnaise along with a pinch of black pepper and some olive oil. Mix well.
- Making the Burger Ready: Slice the tomatoes, shred the lettuce. Now, on the burger bun lower half, and put the lettuce. (Cheese slice optional)Spread the mayonnaise mixture and top it with 2-3 slices of tomatoes. Now put the patty and spread the mustard sauce and tomato sauce on top.
- Enjoy your Burger with a glass of cold coffee!
Leave a Reply