A healthy start to a healthy and fulfilling Day!
Bulgur as popularly called in Turkish or Daliya as known in India is the most common cereal in India and Europe. Its high nutritional value makes it a perfect breakfast option. Daliya in India is prepared in very many ways. Sweet, salty, khichdi with pulses or vegetable daliya with seasonal veggies and fruit daliya with milk and fruits. Its many uses include breads, patties, snacks, halwa and many more. It’s such a versatile food and so rich in proteins that you must include it in your diet if you haven’t already.
This Peas & Onion Daliya is our favorite. It’s very simple to prepare and has a mild flavor of black pepper. It’s rich as it’s prepared in clarified butter/Ghee. One must have 1 tbsp. of Desi ghee / clarified butter every day. It’s very important for the bones and other functions of the body.
- Heat oil in a wok/kadhai.
- Add onions and cook till translucent.
- Add the daliya and cook for 5 minutes.keep stirring.if you are using fresh peas then add now .
- Add salt,pepper and water.Add frozen peas at this stage and bring to one boil.
- Once water starts to boil,simmer the gas flame and cover and cook till cooked and all the water is evaporated.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with your favorite sauce.
Leave a Reply