Khoya Badam Peda-An Indian sweet/dessert made with homemade khoya and almonds. Khoya almond peda is a completely homemade dessert and its delectable taste and melt in mouth texture is unforgettable.
Pedas are not a new thing in Indian cuisine.They are one of the most popular of all Indian Sweets. This particular recipe makes use of Home made khoya made from scratch.
I have the other recipes of indian sweets made with homemade khoya on the blog which you may find on this link: 1.Khoya Barfi made from ghee leftovers
An Indian sweet/dessert made with homemade khoya and almonds. Khoya almond peda is a completely homemade dessert and its delectable taste and melt in mouth texture is unforgettable.
- 1 cup Khoya/Mawa Home made- Leftover of ghee making
- 3/4 th cup Castor Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Ground Almond/ Almond Powder prepare by grinding 1/2 cup almonds with 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tso Green Cardamom powder
- Powder the khoya in grinder to smoothen. Keep in a bowl.
- Powder the almonds with 2 tsp sugar and add to the khoya in the bowl.
- Add the sugar and the green cardamom powder and mix well.Add coconut powder and mix well.
- Take small portions between your palms and make pedas and keep aside till all done.
- Top each peda with a piece of almond.You can sprinkle some coconut powder/desiccated coconut on top to make ti look nice.
Leave a Reply