Homemade Khoya has always fascinated me somehow. It’s because of it’s purity, the freshness,softness or just the amazing taste it has once you sweeten it and flavor it.I am not sure of the reason ,but it gives me amazing opportunities to create something more exciting every time I have it on my platter. I have another post on how to make fresh Khoya at home and you may visit the following link for the recipe.
But just in brief , when you prepare Desi Ghee at home ,the leftovers ( khoya) from the process can be transformed into exotic Desserts.Just remember,make ghee from Malai and not butter if you wish to make a dessert afterwards.As the khoya derived then is softer and more in quantity.Here,i have usedqz around 500 gms of leftover khoya after taking the ghee.Grind the khoya with powdered sugar and voila!…..what you get is an amazing base for many delicious desserts!!.
On the above link you may find the recipe for Khoya Barfi.And this post is Kids special Post, as Truffles are their favorite.This year I am ringing in my new year with some melt in mouth Truffles for my family and friends.
Khoya Truffles made from homemade khoya.
- 500 gms khoya (Homemade)
- 250 - 300 gms sugar Powdered : as per your taste.
- 1/2 tsp cardamom Powder:. ( optional)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence You may substitute it with :th .
- 1/4 cup coconut Dark chocolate Toppings: powder th , Sprinklers of your choice, Grated Pistachchio,White / Chip.
- Separate the khoya from the Ghee and keep aside to cool.
- Grind the khoya with powdered sugar .Just remember the amount of sugar will be half the amount of khoya or half + xbc ( as per taste and also to make the right consistency).
- Add the preferred essence to your khoya and blend well.
- Transfer the khoya to another pot and refrigerate it for xbd hour.
- Your khoya base is ready to be filled and topped.
- Make small balls and fill them with chocolate ( optional)and roll them again and roll them is the topping of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy these melt in mouth desi truffles. Serve it to your guests and let them take home the wonderful aftertaste and theyu2019ll surely come back for more.
- And youu2019ll have all praises for this easy and yummy dessert on your Table.
Leave a Reply