How to make homemade soft and creamy Paneer/Cottage cheese.
This is the easiest recipe and very quick to make too. Make paneer in just 5 minutes. Paneer or cottage cheese is a cheese used in many Indian dishes. Paneer Bhurji or palak paneer ,shahi paneer and many more. You can make crumbled as well as paneer in cubes with this recipe.
Follow some easy steps and make a soft and creamy cottage cheese. First you need to take milk. The beast choice to make creamy and soft paneer which has a melt in mouth texture and not chewy will be full fat milk. I have used vinegar as a curdling agent but you may also use curd or lemon juice. You can make paneer/cottage cheese using this recipe with cows milk,soya milk and even buffalo milk.
Here is a recipe video too on How to make homemade Paneer in just 5 minutes.
- Boil 1 litre of milk in a deep pan.
- Once it starts to boil add the vinegar and stir well.
- The milk will curdle instantly.Shut the flame and sieve the paneer in sieve lined with muslin cloth.
- Pour some cold water over it to stop the cooking and also drain any vinegar left in the cottage cheese.
- Squeeze the muslin cloth to dran any water left and tie a knot on top of it. Now place a heavy object over it like mortar / rolling plate/chakla and leave it for 10 minutes. You may do this step only if you want make paneer cubes.
- If you want paneer in crumbled form then you may use the paneer immediately.
To curdle the panner/cottage cheese you may also use 2 tbsp yogurt or lemon water or both.
Leave a Reply