Oats and corn dumplings with cottage cheese dipped into a lovely coconut curry infused with the aromatic essence of lime leaves. A healthy and extremely delicious curry best served with boiled rice.
For the oats and corn dumplings
- 1/2 cup corn boiled and finely ground kernels
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese / paneer grated
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves chopped
- to taste Salt
- 3 tbsps corn flour
- 1 tsp red chilli powder ( degi mirch)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- to fry oil
For the curry
- 3 - 4 tbsps tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup tomato th puree
- 2 cups homemade curry paste (recipe given under)
- 2 - 3 lime Kafir Leaves
- 6 tbsps Coconut milk
- 2 tbsps coconut milk for garnish
- How to prepare the homemade Curry Paste-In a pressure cooker, put together 5 medium sized tomatoes slit into half, 1 onion slit into half,1/4 cup chopped green capsicum,4 garlic cloves,2" ginger crushed.
- Pressure cook it upto 1 whistle on high flame.Then reduce the flame to low.
- Now cook further till one more whistle.Switch off the flame and let it sit till the pressure is released.Cool and grind into paste.
- For the dumplings-Mix together all the ingredients and make equal sized dumplings and fry them on medium heat
- Keep them aside.
- For the Curry: Heat oil in a pan.Add the homemade curry paste.Add salt and all the spices.
- Now let this cook on medium flame till oil separates. Now add the tomato puree and tomato ketchup.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and then on low flame add the coconut milk and lime leaves.
- Just bring to one boil and switch off the flame and cover it.The lime leaves will leave their wonderful aroma into the curry.
- While serving take out the lime leaves for garnish. Pour into the serving tray and dip the dumpling into the lovely coconut curry.Garnich with lime leaves and serve hot with boiled rice.
Nice and healthy receipe as it contains oat. Will try it.