Sweet potato bread with hidden Oreo treasure is a 100 % whole-wheat recipe. Made with sweet potatoes and whole wheat flour and a hidden oreo surprise.
How is it the healthiest Bread: This post is dedicated to all MOMS who constantly explore options to feed their children foods that are full of nutrients and energy.Well like all mothers i too keep looking for options for complete foods that are attractive and are approved by their taste buds too.
Did you know? –Sweet potato has been called the world’s healthiest of foods. It’s rich with all possible nutrients and hence called the king of foods!!
Well i jumped at the idea but my six year old refused to eat it.Hence this recipe took shape in my kitchen and tada!!!!
SWEET POTATO BREAD WITH HIDDEN OREO TREASURE.
As soon as it was out of the oven ,i heard, “mama i want it”. Half of it gone in no time! Mission accomplished so sharing my story with you.A must try by all mums.
|1 big loaf||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|55 minutes||25 minutes|
Sweet potato bread recipe is 100% wholewheat and oreo cookie hidden inside.A perfect recipe for kids.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar Granulated
- 1/2 cup brown sugar + 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger Ground
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter melted:
- 1/3 cup water Hot
- 1 1/2 cup sweet potato mash-( buy readymade cooked sweet potato from a vendor or toast in oven)
- 1 pack Oreo biscuits small
- Preheat oven at 170xb0c.
- Cream the butter and sugar .add vegetable oil, eggs, sweet potato mash. Mix well.
- Sieve together flour, salt soda-bi-carb,cinnamon powder, ginger powder.
- Add the flour mix into the sweet potato mix alternating with hot water. Fold well.
- Pour into a 9u2033*5u2033 loaf pan which has been lined and greased well. Hide oreo biscuits in between .as in picture.
- Place it in the center rack of the oven and bake at 170xb0c for 55 minutes or till done.
- Serve plain with milk or with Nutella spreadu2026..
My cup: 200 ml
Leave a Reply