Aval Payasam |Poha Kheer | Poha Kheer with Jaggery recipe. Easy recipe with step-by-step instructions. Made with Aval or Poha and no added sugar or condensed milk. Making the recipe healthier and less calorie. You can make a VEGAN version of this recipe. Instructions in the post below.
Made on Krishna Janmashtami, Akshay Tritiya, and numerous other festivals. It’s easy and quick to make and a traditional recipe.
How to Make a VEGAN version of Aval Payasam:
Just replace the milk with coconut milk and instead of roasting the nuts and poha in Ghee, you can use coconut oil or vegan butter.
Other Dessert Recipes on the Blog:
- Maggi Pudding/Maggi Kheer- 2 minute pudding
- Sabudana Kheer / Tapioca Pudding
- 5 minute homemade Chocolate Bark
- Dhoda Kulfi
- Sooji Ka Halwa- Sooji Halwa Ashtami Prasad
- Gulab Jamun- with khoya
- Besan ka sheera / Turmeric saffron Gram flour sheera
- Gujiya -Baked | How to make Baked Mawa gujiya with milk powder
- 10-minute Banana Cake| 100% Whole wheat | No Sugar |Super Moist |No Egg
- Eggless Banana Cake | Easy, Quick, super moist one-pot Banana Cake
- 1 cup Poha / Aval
- 1/4 cup Dry fruits Raisins, almonds, cashew, pistachio
- 2 tbsp Melon Seeds maghaz-optional
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 4 tbsp Jaggery powder mixed and boiled with 4 tbsp water.
- 1 tsp green cardomom powder
- 2 tbsp Desi Ghee/ Clarified Butter
- 1.5 cup milk
- 2-3 tbsp coconut powder
- Wash the poha and drain and keep aside. Heat ghee in a pan.
- Fry the dry fruits and melon seeds and keep them aside. fry only till golden brown.
- Now, add the poha to the pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and bring it to a boil.
- Now add the milk powder and boil till it thickens a bit. If the consistency is still very liquidy, then add 1 more tbsp milk powder.
- Add the dry fruits and coconut powder and mix. Simmer the flame.
- Now add the jaggery water through a sieve.
- Mix well and shut the flame.
- Garnish with pistachios and coconut powder and serve hot.
Leave a Reply