A dip made from cooked chickpeas mashed together with the lovely tahini sauce ,lemon juice, garlic and olive oil.
A middle eastern treat which goes well together with vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian appetisers. This.This wonderful dip can also be served alone with pita chips/salads and other snacks.It blends wonderfully with vegetarian dishes and enhances the taste of many meat based appetizers as well.
Recently,I had this rich sauce/dip with the lovely shawarma roll and beetroot salad.Oh!! it was delicious and it left a wonderful aftertaste in my mouth, which I still remember.
This recipe here is my adaptation from many recipes I have tried recently but couldn’t get that exact flavor which I was searching for.Then I made changes accordingly to taste.And This recipe I can say is the nearest to the market style I have eaten.
My Cup size: 200ml
Difficulty Level: Easy
Author: Aditi Bahl
Total time: 12 hours 10 mins
- 2 cups chickpea (soaked overnight, boiled and drained)
- 4 tsps tahini sauce .
- 2 cloves garlicchopped
- 1 tsp salt .
- 6 tbsps olive oil . (extra virgin)
- 3 xbd tbsps lemon juice .
- to taste paprika redchilli to / powdered garnish
- coriander leaves to garnish
- In a food processor, grind together chickpeas, tahini sauce, garlic cloves, salt, lemon juice and olive oil to a paste.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with some olive oil, paprika and coriander leaves.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply