A lamington is a dessert of Australian origin. It consists of squares of sponge cake coated first in a layer of traditional chocolate sauce, then in desiccated coconut.As per the traditional recipe the chocolate sauce is prepared with cocoa powder but this recipe has a twist to it. As a true lover of chocolate i just love a simple pure chocolate genache. Every chocolate lover just has to have this atleast once to understand how addictive a lamington is…
- 6 eggs
- 150 g sugar caster (superfine)
- 50 g cornflour (cornstarch)
- 75 g plain flour
- 50 g self-raising flour
- 160 g coconut desiccated .
- 1/2 cup cream
- 45 gms butter
- 6 tsp icing sugar
- 40 gms dark chocolate .
- cake cream (ganache should be medium thick for dipping. Pls adjust for consistency.
- Preheat oven @180xb0c.And grease a 8u2033*12u2033 pan.
- Beat eggs till light in colour.Add sugar and beat untill the mixture is a little thick. It should have a ribbon like consistency.
- Sift together u2013 Flour,, Baking powder, corn flour, twice.
- Heat butter and add boiling water to it.
- Fold in the flour mix into the egg mix gently.
- Add butter and fold gently.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool and cut the cake into cubes. Dip each cube into the genache and cover in coconut from all sidesu2026..
Enjoy your lamingtons…
Receipe courtesy: m.aww.com
Leave a Reply