Pumpkin and Kuttu ke appe | Pumpkin savory pies ,are pan cooked appe / pies made from pumpkin and buckwheat flour.These are gluten free , vegan and a great meal for Fasting days.In India, people consume gluten free flous during their fasting periods.And kuttu atta/buckwheat flour is a very popular choice.
Appe made from pumpkin along with buckwheat flour and water-chestnut flour. A healthy substitute to the fried fasting recipes.They are light on the tummy and do not make you feel bloated at all.I tried them for the first time this year and instantly fell in love with them.Can be eaten in supper or a morning snack if you do.Super healthy as they have pumpkin.A perfect Fall recipe and can be eaten at as a Halloween party appetizers .
You may just substitute the flours with our regular all purpose flour or rice flours and a lovely appetizer is on the platter.Its amazing there is so much you can create with butternut squash /pumpkin.I just love this veggie.I also make pumpkin cake for my kids,ill soon post the recipe .Its super easy and super nutritious.So for now,try this appe recipe and change the way you eat this Navratri. They are gluten Free and vegan too.
I have made these apppe with both kuttu/ buckwheat flour and water-chestnut /singhara flour.But you may just make them with kuttu flour as well.It can be easily customised .
|8 piece||10 minutes|
pan cooked appe / pies made from pumkin and buckwheat flour.These are gluten free , vegan and a reat meal for Fasting days.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pulp
- 1/2 cup atta buckwheat flour kuttu ka /
- 1/2 cup water chestnut flour
- to taste salt rock salt / rock
- 1 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 2 Chilies green chopped
- water for consistency
- 2 tbsps butter / ghee clarified
- Ghee grease to the appe pan
- 1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together.Leave this batter for 5 minutes on the shelf.
- Heat the appe pan and grease each cavity with ghee/clarified butter.
- Simmer the gas and pour the batter equally into each cavity. Just fill 3/4th of the cavity as the appe rise.
- Cook on both sides.The appe get cooked in no time.So keep a close watch to avoid burning.
- Serve then hot with your favorite curry or chutney.
Leave a Reply