This has to be the best , most healthy ,yummy and the burger which got the biggest smile award.And it is so satisfying to cook a healthy and tasty meal for the Family.I know you’ll agree with me .So, my kids are anti -oats, anti -beetroot and i just love both. My imagination again went on a trip to find a combo which they’ll relish and both the super foods are happily eaten.
This weekend i made these wonder burger patties which my family just loved. And i tried this amazing recipe to feed them the two of my favorite Foods which are full of nutrients and compliment for your health.
So the story just began with me beetroot,oats in my pantry and two boiled potatoes. In a mixer jar,i just added 2 peeled and sliced boiled potatoes, two stale bread slices.Or you may add fresh ones too. Then add 1/2 a floret of broccoli,1 small boiled ,peeled, sliced and refrigerated beetroot.
Green chili will just add a slight sparkle to it,but if your kids and family doesn’t like it hot,then you may avoid it.Salt to taste and a pinch or two of red chili powder.This of course has to be adjusted or perhaps avoided if you choose to add green chilies.Grind till it comes out fine .And Voila! The mixture for the best Burger patties in the world is ready.
Now, you just need a cup of bread crumbs to coat and oil to shallow fry these red discs of sheer health.Do try this recipe and leave a comment.
- 2 medium beetroot boiled,peeled and refrigerated for 3-4 hrs
- 2 medium potato boiled and peeled
- 1/4 cup Plain Oats lightly roasted
- 2 whole wheat bread slices preferably stale bread
- 1/2 cup breadcrumb to coat before frying
- 1/4 cup broccoli take only florets and chop finely.
- 1-2 green chilli or adjust as per taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder or as per taste
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp canola oil /Olive oil to fry
- 6-7 tbsp mayonnaise
- 12-13 spinach leaves to garnish
- spice blend as per taste
- 6 tbsp mustard sauce
- 6 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 6 cheese slices
- 6 roundels onions
- Take all the ingredients and put them into the grinder and grind till fine.
- Add salt and red chilli. Take this mixture into a bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate this for about 1/2 hour.
- Post 1/2 hr. heat oil in a pan. Make patties with the mixture and cost each patty with bread crumbs.
- Fry each patty on medium high flame.
- 1. Roast the buns.
- 2.Apply mayonnaise,mustard sauce and tomato kechup.(You may add or omit any sauces as per your taste preference.
- 3.Put 3-4 spinach leaves. Place a onion roundel and then top it with the beetroot burger.Add any spices if needed as per your choice and put the bun on top.
- 4. Serve hot with the drink of your choice.
Leave a Reply