Falafel with humus is an authentic recipe which will make you taste the original Mediterranean flavors.
This recipe does not need any introduction.A freshly fried Falafel with the amazing hummus and salad. Falafel ,a very popular middle eastern dish served in very many ways is a vegetarian delight!
True Mediterranean flavors !
It may be the only dish which can be served as an appetizer, a main dish and as a fast food snack too. As an appetizer it is served with salad and hummus dip. When served as a main course serve it is stuffed in a pita pocket along with salad and tahini sauce.
I serve it with mint too.I just love the flavor of mint with pita and falafel!
This is a very easy recipe and can be prepared in advance and you may half fry the balls and freeze them too.When you need to serve,just take them out and straight to the skillet .Fry and serve them hot.
You May Also Need:
Food processor to grind the chickpeas.
A shallow pan or a skillet to fry the falafel balls.
My Cup Size=200ml
- 2 onionchopped small
- 3 - 5 cloves garlicchopped ( medium thick)
- 2 tbsps flourmaida
- 1 1/2 tsps salt or as per taste
- 2 tsps cumin
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp blackpepper
- 1/4 tsp redchilli mirch powdered or degi
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 tsp soda bicarbonate ( optional)
- xbd cup coriander leaves parsley chopped or chopped
- xbd tsp green chillies . chopped (optional)
- canola oil vegetable oil / Any to fry
- Soak the chick peas overnight .
- Drain the water in the morning and put these straight into the food processor.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and grind them together.
- Remember you need to keep the mixture a little grainy ,donu2019t over grind or itll turn into hummus.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl with a lid.
- Refrigerate this for atleast 2 hours. I suggest if you have to make these in the evening then prepare the mixture in the afternoon,so there is no rush and it can rest in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After 2 hour, Mix soda bicarb into the mixture dissolved in 1tbsp water( this step is optional as this is tho make the balls a bit fluffy) .Now,heat oil in a skillet or pan only upto half the height of the falafel ball.Fry them in hot oil till light brown.
- Serve hot with pita bread and hummus with some salad.
The mixture should be little coarse and grainy than a paste like mix.After refrigeration, while frying if the balls don't hold together,then first check if the mixture was nicely processed.Try churning once more on pulse to mix.If it still doesn't hold then add 1 or 2 eggs to hold the mixture together.
Leave a Reply