KHOYA KULFI- Khoya kulfi made from home made khoya. Now, no need to through the leftover khoya you get post making clarified butter at home. Just make this decadent dessert and enjoy the feast.
We make clarified butter at home. It’s a weekly chore and sometimes fortnightly. So I have the leftover Khoya in abundance which I use to make delicacies for my family. My kids love the coconut Ladoos I make out of the leftover Khoya .The other recipes I have on my blog with the Home made Khoya/Ghee leftover are Khoya Barfi , Khoya Truffles, Khoya Badam Peda,
This Khoya Kulfi recipe is the new found Love for us in summers.
Yes its rich, melt in mouth and a perfect after meal or evening dessert for my kids and all of us.My son said, mum this is yummy. Please make this for me the whole of summers now.
A rich creamy ice candy made from milk and homemade Khoya, loaded with nuts .A perfect chilled dessert for the season.
|6 pieces||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|10 minutes||10 minutes|
Easy to make khoya kulfi ,made with home made khoya. The leftover from ghee making.Healthy,mealt in mouth,rich and creamy khoya kulfi.
- 2 cups milk full fat
- 1/2 cup Homemade Khoya got from ghee leftover
- 2 Green Cardamom powdered
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 tbsp corn starch mixed with 2 tbsp milk.
- 1 cup caster sugar
- In a wide pan,heat milk on medium high flame till it comes to a boil. Once it starts to boil ,simmer the flame and let it remain on simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixer attachment,grind the leftover homemade khoya with the 3 tbsp sugar out of the total sugar content.You may use extra sugar if you like it too sweet.Keep this aside.
- After 15 minutes or when the milk has thickened a bit, add the khoya mix and powdered green cardomom and saffron.Keep boiling on simmer till the khoya is nicely mixed with the milk.
- Add the sugar .Keep boiling till the ingredients are well blended.
- Dissolve the cornflour in 2 tbsp milk and add to the mixture.Boil for 2-3 minutes and Add the crushed nuts now and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and let the mixture cool down a bit before putting the mix in the kulfi moulds.
- Once it cools down completely,pour the mixture into the moulds and chill for 5-6 hours.
- Enjoy the chilled khoya kulfi with flavoured faluda or just like that.
Anlet Prince - Annslittlecorner says
Never thought koya can be used like this. So useful info…
I know. And i have a handful every 10 days so i keep exploring ideas.happy you liked it. Thanks .