Malai Kofta in white gravy recipe |Malai Kofta gravy restaurant-style. Is a rich, creamy, and thick gravy made with onion and cashew base. A mildly sweet and spiced gravy with the subtle flavor of kasoori methi. Delicious gravy and soft kofta balls made with paneer. I will show you how to make Malai kofta balls with and without paneer.
How to make the white gravy:
For the base, you will need cashew, onion, khus-khus, magaj(melon seeds). To prepare the base just pressure cook the mentions items for 5-8 minutes till cooked and then grind into a thick creamy paste.
How to make the Gravy thick and creamy:
To make the gravy thick and creamy we add curd, cream, or Malai (homemade). You may add some white butter. I did add and it enhances the richness and adds to the nice color of the gravy.
How to make the koftas with Paneer :
To make the koftas/dumplings with paneer you need Paneer (1 cup), boiled and mashed potatoes (1/4 cup), 2-3 tbsp maida/cornflour, salt, coriander leaves, roasted cumin/bhuna jeera, red chili powder, white pepper powder. For stuffing: raisins and cashew.
Mash and mix all the ingredients together nicely. Make small balls and fry on high flame. Keep aside.
Add the balls to the gravy just before serving as the koftas absorb the gravy quickly.
How to make Koftas without Paneer:
In case you don’t have paneer and wish to make Malai kofta. Then don’t worry. You can with this simple trick and you’ll get equally soft koftas without paneer.
You need- 1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes, 3-4 tbsp milk powder, 4 tbsp maida/cornflour, coriander leaves, and all the spices( bhuna jeera, salt, white pepper, red chili powder).
Mix all of them together and make small-sized balls and fry them on high heat. Fry till golden brown and keep aside. Add them too just before serving.
Other popular Paneer and gravy recipes on the Blog:
- Chili Paneer Jalfrezi- How to cook perfect Chili Paneer Jalfrezi
- Paneer Biryani | Authentic Mughlai Biryani |Easy everyday recipe
- Shahi Paneer | Makhni Paneer |Restaurant Style Shahi Paneer
- Matar Paneer | Cottage cheese and peas gravy
- How to make creamy homemade Paneer | Cottage Cheese in 5 minutes
- Paneer Tikka -How to make paneer tikka on griddle
- Paneer-Mushroom-Spinach in cashew cream sauce- Made under 30 minutes.
- Dal Palak / Palak Dal- How to make the best palak dal tadka
- Pindi Chole recipe | Pindi Chana Masala | Easy pindi chana recipe
- Dal Makhani/ Makhani Dal- 30 minutes Meal