Soya Parantha /Soya stuffed Indian flatbread stuffed with soy granules and Indian spices.Its not only delicious to eat but also is an excellent source of protein for vegetarians.
How to make Soya Paratha: Soya granules are first boiled and then cooked in the pan with the spices and condiments.You can boil it in the microwave also. Once the stuffing is ready then roll the bread dough/ parantha and take 4-5 tbsp of the stuffing and fill in the center of the rolled flatbread.Close it to the center and roll again to make parantha/flatbread.
You can make as thick as per preference but ideally a point five thickness is needed. Heat the griddle and cook on both sides till done. You can even apply some clarified butter/ghee / butter to fry .
Why Soya Parantha: Healthy, protein rich ,great for Kids Breakfast option is ready to be served. In India we serve paranthas/ stuffed flat breads with pickles, curd or homemade white butter.Take your pick and enjoy these hot paranthas.
Here are a few other of my favorite Paranthas you may try : Wholewheat Broccoli parantha/flatbread with flaxseeds served with beetroot curd , Indian yogurt curry flatbread/ Kadi Pakora parantha , Italian Parantha.
Secrets of Making the Best Paranthas /Indian flat breads :The secrets of making the Best parantha lies in the dough. If the dough is soft and has the right moisture then while cooking it will not dry up quickly and what you will get is a soft inside and crispy outside. For the right softness you may knead your parantha dough fresh before making paranthas. Knead at least 1/2 an hour before and keep it to rest till you make the filling. Also adding a little salt to the dough with ensure the crust doesn’t taste bland. Also for the right softness, add a little milk and clarified butter added to the dough while kneading. A few simple steps will ensure the best parantha on the plate.
- 1 cup Soya Granules soak in 2 cup hot water/microwave for 2 minutes
- 1 onionchopped
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1/2 tbsp oil/ghee
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp anardana powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala/five spice powder
- 1/2 tsp flax seeds roasted and coarsely ground
- 1/2 tsp sunflower seeds roasted and coarsely ground
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 TSP turmeric powder
- In a bowl, take hot water ans soak the soya granules for 5-6 minutes.or alternatively, microwave the soya granules dipped in water for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in pan heat oil and add cumin seeds.Lee the onions on medium flame for aboutt them splutter and then together add ginger,green chillies and oinions.Saute the onions on medium heat till translucent.
- Now, drain the water from the soya granules and add the soya granules to the pan.
- Add the all the spices and salt and mix well.Cover and cook till done on simmer.
- Pour onto another plate and let it cool.
- Now, roll a ball for parantha,roll it the size of a poori and and take 2 spoonful soy mix and stuff in the middle of the rolled ball/poori. Now, close all sides with the help of your palm and dip into some dry flour and roll again.
- Roll it with a light hand to avoid breaking of sides.Roll it to a thickness as desired by you .These paranthas taste best if made thin and crispy.Cook on the gridle on both sides.
- When half done, apply clarified butter on both sides and fry them.Frying is optional .Serve hot with a dollop of homemade white butter or curd.
Leave a Reply