Tomato Chili Dip -A simple yet extremely flavorful,little spicy and tangy Dip perfect to be served with the Navratri Pumpkin tortilla chips and Appe. If you are not fasting then enjoy this dip with any Tortilla chips of your choice.A perfect dip for a party snack.A no onion no garlic recipe.
This is a perfect dip which can go well with any appetizer fried or baked. A delicious dip to accompany your Navratra Mezze platter / Pumpkin Appe / Pumpkin water chestnut and buckwheat tortilla chips or just like a chutney to go with your traditional navratra or fasting meal. You can eat and relish it with your Kuttu Dosa / Buckwheat Dosa or enjoy it as a dip with the Kuttu ki Kachori/Buckwheat Pastry .It just fits your platter as an accompaniment with any dish or as a lovely substitute to your veggies when you wish to keep it simple.
|3 helping||5 minutes|
A simple yet extremely flavorful,little spicy and tangy Dip perfect to be served with the Navratri Pumpkin tortilla chips and Appe. If you are not fasting then enjoy this dip with any Tortilla chips of your choice.A perfect dip for a party snack.
- 2 Tomatoes medium size chopped
- 1 - 2 green chillies chopped
- to taste rock salt /salt /
- 6 - 7 blackpepper corns
- 4 tbsps hung curd
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- Charring the tomatoes/ Char the Tomatoes: Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.Let them splutter and then add the chopped tomatoes,green chillies and black peppercorns and salt .Saute for a few minute till the tomatoes are soft.
- Making the Dip: In a mixer attachment pour these charred tomato mixture and hung curd and grind to paste.
- Your dip is ready to serve .This is a fasting recipe but can be served anytime round the year. Another dip option for your chip and dip. You may add a few chilli flakes to make it hotter on other days as well.
Leave a Reply