Whenever you talk about south Indian cuisine, chutneys are inevitable.
Be it main course or snacks ,no dish is complete without this South Indian relish.
Traditionally made from freshly grated coconut, this recipe gives a fresh look to it but promises the same texture and flavor.
This coconut chutney can be prepared rather instantly, you just need the required ingredients and grind them and you have The Coconut Chutney ready.Once i made this recipe i stopped making it the traditional way.Its extremely flavorful and matches the true essence of the dish and its SUPER SIMPLE to prepare.
- 1/4 cup Coconut Desiccated /Freshly grated
- 3 - 4 tbsp peanuts Roasted unsalted (plain):
- to taste Salt
- 1 tsp Tamarind Paste:
- Water coconut water / : just for consistency
- 3 - 4 tbsp Dahi / Curd :
- 1 - 2 to taste Chilies Green : chopped or
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds /Sarson:
- Curry Leaves - /Kadi Patta:
- chillies - Dry red (optional):
- Take all the ingredients and grind them to a fine paste of medium thickness.
- For tempering: Heat oil in pan.Add mustard seeds.Let it splutter and add kadi patta ,dry red chili and close flame.
- Pour this on the coconut paste and mix well.
- Serve with idli ,dosa or any other south Indian snack.
- Note: remember to put coconut water or water for consistency as much to keep the chutney not too thick and not too runny,as when you refrigerate it it does thickens a bit.
Leave a Reply