Thandai / Sardai recipe, a traditional recipe of a refreshing and creamy drink prepared with dry fruits, saffron, and rose petal. Made in northern India especially for Holi festival and Mahashivratri.
A perfect Thandai
For making the perfect Thandai you can make the Thandai mix in advance and store it either in the refrigerator for a few days beforehand or on the shelf for 24 hours.
For making the Thandai mix you just have to soak all the dry fruits for 5-6 hours in the right proportions. Then grind them to a fine paste. Add the rose petals and the Thandai/Sardai mix is ready. You may add a few chopped dry fruits for a little body on top if you like.
Health Benefits of Thandai / Sardar:
Thandai is a traditional recipe prepared in most Indian households all throughout summers, but especially on Holi and Shivratri. It has many health benefits namely,
- Rich in protein: It instantly provides energy.
- Rich in antioxidants: Detoxifies the body.
- Immunity booster: Boosts immunity and strengthens the body.
- Good for digestion: it helps improve digestion.
For making the perfect Thandai, you first need to make the Thandai Mix: Recipe Thandai Mix.
There are so many Holi recipes that are good for health and delicious and go well with the thandai. Like:
- Gujiya -Baked | How to make Baked Mawa gujiya with milk powder
- Thandai Mix Recipe
- Baked Litti Chokha Katori’s
- Chole Bhature Baked Mini Bites-Baked
- Dahi Vada
- Dahi Bhalla
- Khoya Truffles
- Gulab Phirni / Rose Phirni