Chole Bhature Baked Mini Bites | Chole Bhature Mini Bites| A baked easy-to-make snack. Easy recipe. Chole Bhature is a popular Indian snack loved by all pan India. Mostly liked and served in all restaurants in North India, this is made with fried bread stuffed with lentil mix called pithis and served with Pindi Chole / Chickpea gravy or dry.
Also served along is a variety of Raita, salad, and pickle. Raita is a curd-based dish made with yogurt, spices, and a specific filling. Popular Raitas served with Chole Bhature are Aloo Raita, Boondi Raita, and Cucumber Raita. Pickles served along with are mixed pickles or mango pickles.
BAKED VERSIONS OF OTHER POPULAR INDIAN SNACK:
- Dal Baati Churma | Baked |Lesser Calories
- SAMOSA-BAKED RECIPES | Vegan recipe
- Baked Litti Chokha Katori’s
- Dal Pakwan-Baked recipe | Sindhi Snack | Low Fat | Vegan
Chole Bhature Baked Mini Bites | How to make Chole Bhature Mini Bites in the oven. Fewer calories and easy-to-make-ahead snack.
Chole Bhature/ Fermented Indian Fried bread served with chickpeas curry / dry sauteed masala. It’s a delicacy no north Indian can ever say no to. This is a healthier version, so a piece of good news for weight watchers to relish their favorite Dish with way lesser calories as they are not fried but Baked.
How many of you love chole bhature? Presenting our very own chole bhature in a healthier Avatar!BAKED!!! With no compromise with the taste, these are just delicious. A crunchy bhatura base with masaledar/spicy chana. Served with aam ka achchar/pickle as a topping. You’ll fall in love with it and might even replace the original with these. There are certain dishes, which can bring your spirit and moods up anytime they are served. One such dish for me is Chole Bhature.
A childhood favorite. I could hog on to these endlessly as a kid. But now you have to keep a close watch on the calorie meter and you do sometimes have to suppress your cravings and watch out for the health quotient too. Not anymore.
Enjoy your meals /snacks with no worries. These low-fat chole bhature bites are delicious and are a perfect healthy snack/meal.
For the Pindi Chole Masala, recipe click here: Pindi Chole recipe | Pindi Chana Masala | Easy Pindi chana recipe.
Some other popular recipes :
- Dal Makhani/ Makhani Dal- 30 minutes Meal
- Boondi Raita recipe | How to make the best Boondi raita
- Aloo Wadiyan- A Punjabi delicacy
- Shahi Aloo Gobi | Cauliflower Curry |How to make the best Shahi Gobi at home
- Soybean Curry |Soya Aloo Matar | Nutrela Chunks
- Methi Aloo -30 Minute Meal recipe
- Aloo choliya recipe | Fresh green chickpeas curry recipe
- Punjabi Kadi Pakora | Low-Cal Recipe |How to make the best kadi pakora
- Pao Bhaji Recipe| How to make Mumbai street style Pao bhaji
- Green Chutney | Coriander Chutney
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp soda bicarbonate th
- 1/4 cup curd / dahi th
- 2 tbsps butter / Ghee sunflower oil clarified
- water for kneading
- 3 cups masala chana cooked dry .
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- mango pickle Dry
- green chillies sliced
- How to make Bahtura Flour: Take the all purpose flour in a blowl. Add clarified butter /Ghee and mix nicely with your fingers.The clarified butter should get well incorporated in the flour.the add sugar ,salt,soda bi carb and curd and mix again.
- Mix well till well incorporated.
- Now,knead a soft dough.Add water if needed to knead the flour.Add as much needed ,little by little to avoid dough getting too soft.
- Knead nicely for 3-4 minutes.
- Cover and keep away at a warm place,covered for about 2 hours.
- Assembling and Baking: After two hours. Pre- heat the oven at 200 degrees C for about 10 minutes .Meanwhile,make small balls of the dough to make mini roti's. Take a muffin tray and grease the indents.
- Now,make small roti's of each ball and insert in each muffin cavity and press the sides and bottom to make a shape and set properly.Once all the balls have been set ,put the tray in the oven and bake for about 10-15 min or till the crust is light brown in colour. For 5 minutes at bake option and the rest 5 minutes at toast or top element on option.( for oven temperature please adjust according to your oven settings/temp)
- Once the crust is done.Take out the bhatura canapes and fill with the masala chana.Top it with a slice of onion and tomato and one drop of Aam ka achar and serve hot.
Hi Aditi, i find this very interesting! Can you let me know if they will taste as good/ i hope the bhatura base wouldnt go too hard/ dry after baking?
Recipes and you says
Hi pooja. Thanks for your interest. The base is a crispy outside and soft inside. It tastes really good.Youll not miss frying them atall.
Hi. I really like this recipe and am planning on making it for a dinner at my place. Can the bhatures be made in advance?
Recipes and you says
thanks shobhna. Yes in fact you can just like any base. You can blind bake them and keep them and rewarm for a few minutes when ready to serve.