Whole-wheat Banana Cake is made with whole wheat flour and NO WHITE SUGAR, NO BUTTER. This is a diet-friendly cake and good for weight watchers. This whole-wheat Banana Cake is made with minimal oil and has the goodness of Banana. High in fiber, potassium, and protein. It’s the best dessert to serve your children too.
Baking is a passion and unlike before I now bake a dessert only fortnightly. I keep trying desserts that don’t compromise on taste and also are not unhealthy and high on sugar. This Whole wheat banana choco cake recipe is the result of one such expedition. 🙂
I have used 3-4 fully ripe Banana’s, No Butter, No white sugar, almost no oil as we have just put 3 tbsp oil. This cake gets the sweetness from ripe Banans.
The texture of the cake is very soft, not greasy as there is no butter, but rich as the bananas provide enough richness to make it soft.
Some other Cakes on the blog you may like:
- Whole-wheat Banana Almond Marble Cake,
- Whole-wheat Yogurt Cranberries Cake,
- One-pot Whole-wheat Eggless Chocolate Cake,
- Grapes Vanilla Cranberry Almonds Cake-Wholewheat,
- Almond Berries marble cake, Milk Fudge Cake / Turkish Fudge Cake,
- Vanilla Sponge Cake,
- Recipe Strawberry Mini Cakes,
- 6 Super Healthy wholewheat Cakes to Bake,
- Oreo Brownie Cake Egg less and Butterless,
- Wholewheat Orange Cookie Flair Cake,
- Marbel Cake Recipe,
- Apple almond and Orange walnut Cake…with the goodness of wholewheat,
- Healthy wholewheat Chocolate Orange Buttermilk Cake,
- Recipe Christmas Plum Cake,
- Oreo Brownie Cake: Eggless &Butterless.
Do leave comments below to share your views about the recipe. And if you try, please share your experience and pictures with us. Also please connect with us on our channels: Facebook, Instagram.
- 1 cup flour / Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Coco powder
- 3 Tbsp Oil any flavorless oil
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 ripe Bananas Big sized , ground in a mixer
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- In a deep pan put the Banana puree.
- Add the vanilla essence, brown sugar. Mix well to incorporate both well
- Add the oil and mix well again. Beat 2 eggs well and add to this mixture.
- In a sieve, add the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt. Now, gradually add this little by little and mix the wet mixture by cut and fold method. Sieve the dry mixture over the wet mixture little by little only at once.
- Grease a baking tray or mould and bake at 175 degrees for 40 minutes.
- This cake gets its sweetness mostly from the Banana.
- Since we are putting 3 bananas in this recipe, so it can compensate for the butter in the cake.
- Please check for the temperature setting in your oven, as different ovens have different temperature settings. Do keep checking while baking.
Leave a Reply