Meethi Seviyan |Sweet Vermicelli with jagger recipe. An easy, ready in 10 minutes, quick dessert. It has many variations. With Khoya, with milk, and with dry fruits.
This recipe is made with roasted vermicelli. Which saves cooking time and gives a better flavor. It is very easily available in the market. Vermicellis are made with many variations. One of them is Vermicelli Upma. Find the recipe here-> VERMICELLI UPMA.
This is a recipe with jaggery and coconut powder.
How to make Sweet Vermicelli:
- You need Roasted vermicelli, desi ghee, dry fruits, jaggery powder, coconut powder, and water to cook.
- Heat ghee in the pan. Fry the dry fruits. Take them out. Keep aside.
- Now, add water and jaggery powder to the ghee mix well. Let the jaggery powder dissolve completely. Add cardamom powder and mix. Once it starts to boil add the vermicelli. Keep stirring. On high flame, cook until the water dries out. Add the dry fruit and coconut powder.
- Serve hot. Garnish with chopped pistachio and almonds.
How to make this Sweet Vermicelli VEGAN:
Just substitute the ghee with coconut oil or vegan butter. If making the version with Milk, used coconut milk instead of normal milk.
Other popular Desserts on the Blog:
- Aval Payasam |Poha Kheer | Poha Kheer with Jaggery
- Gujiya -Baked | How to make Baked Mawa gujiya with milk powder
- Oreo Brownies | 100% Whole-wheat | With Vegan Variation
- Eggless Banana Cake | Easy, Quick, super moist one-pot Banana Cake
- Royal Brownies / Death by Chocolate Brownies
- Honey Pear Almond Torte
- Whole-wheat Yogurt Cranberries Cake
- Sabudana Kheer / Tapioca Pudding
- Whole-wheat Banana Almond Marble Cake
- 10-minute Banana Cake| 100% Whole wheat | No Sugar |Super Moist |No Egg