Paneer Tikka On the Griddle –Recipe prepared with marinated paneer and salad on skewers cooked on the griddle instead of tandoor. This is an easy preparation but brings out the flavors from one of your favorite restaurants at home.Easy to cook as its grilled on the griddle instead of an oven.
For all those who dont have a tandoor at home or prefer simple cooking ,this recipe is what you were looking for.
But tandoori recipes have this lovely smoke flavors to it.Well this recipe ,you’ll not miss the smokiness either,as we will smoke it with a small burning charcoal piece and keep the cooked paneer skewers covered with the smoke to replicate the tandoori flavors.
Paneer is also such a versatile ingredient that one may create many variations with just one paneer. You must see : Restaurant Style Kadhai Paneer , Paneer Mushroom spinach in cashew cream sauce , Healthy spinach quiche with stuffed paneer.
I love tandoori food.
Cooked with less oil and can be served as main course or appetizer as per the mood of the occasion.Its rightly said that you eat with your eyes and nose before you eat anything.When you cook this in your kitchen the house if filled with the lovely masala aroma of the tikka on the griddle and it reaches your senses before you finally take a bite. The smoky flavors of tikka dipped into the mint sauce folded in an Indian bread or just like that.Its just delicious.You may also cook perfect fish on the griddle like Pan fried sole fish , Pan sear fish tikka .
“This is a simple recipe and you can make it for any of your dinner parties.”
You can make ahead the skewers and keep them covered under a cling wrap and grill only when ready to serve. They go best with a yogurt based mint sauce and lemon drizzle. The hotness of the masala gets balanced with the coolness of the yogurt and mint. If you are serving this as a main course then you can serve them with a malabari parantha or roomali roti. I’ll soon post the recipe for both.
The secret of a perfect paneer tikka lies in its marination. If the marination is right it can create true magic. Marinated for at least an hour with hung curd, fresh malai ,ginger garlic paste and masala and a little lemon juice.Its best to keep it refrigerated till ready for cooking.Just before cooking you can put them in the skewers and cook on the griddle.Each skewer is then covered with a burning charcoal put aside to get the lovely smoke flavor of a Tandoor. Once cooked sprinkle some chaat masala on each skewer and drizzle some lemon juice.Serve it with mint sauce and roomali roti and enjoy.
|4 ppl||15 min|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|15 min||1 hour|
Paneer Tikka on the giddle is a recipe of marinated paneer and salad on skewers cooked on the griddle instead of tandoor.This is an easy preperation but brings out the flavors form one of your favorite restaurant at home.
- 2 tbsp ginger / ginger paste
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt adjust as per your taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp tandoori masala you may add more if you prefer hotter
- 1/2 cup hung curd
- 3 tbsp malai Malai is a thick top layer you get on full fat milk.The thick cream gives a very rich flavor.
- 1 tbsp Clarified butter
- 2 tbsp Dried mint /poodina leaves crushed
- 300 gm paneer cubes
- 2 small green capsicum cubed
- 4 small Tomatoes cubed
- 3 tbsp Oil to fry
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 lemon to drizzle on top
- in a deep bowl, add the paneer cubes ,onion ,capsicum and tomato cubes .
- In a small bowl, mix together ginger garlic paste, tandoori masala,lemon juice,salt,red chili powder,coriander powder,hung curd and Malai and ghee/clarified butter.
- Pour the marinade over the cubed paneer and veggies and smear it nicely over all the cubes.
- Refrigerate this covered for at least an hour.If you are making ahead for a party then you can put them onto a skewer right away and cover with a cling and refrigerate till ready to cook.You must make ahead this at least an hour before .
- When ready for cooking (if not making ahead as in the above step) put it onto the skewers.Heat the griddle and Now grill these skewers on the griddle with pouring little oil to avoid sticking.Keep rotating to ensure even browning on all sides.
- serve hot on to a roomali roti with mint chutney/sauce. Drizzle a little lemon juice on top of each skewer and sprinkle a little chaat masala.
This looks and sounds incredible! Can’t wait to try this 🙂
Recipes & You says