Saffron Rose kheer is a classic Milk pudding made with rice and milk simmered and cooked together with saffron and rose flavor. One of the most popular Rice Kheer flavors is Kesar and Rose. When you bring both together in one dish, the result is magical.
- What is a Rice Kheer ?
- How is Rice Kheer Prepared?
- Things Needed to cook this Quick Pressure Cooked Rice Kheer?
- What type of Rice of good for Kheer ?
- Is kheer healthy to eat?
- Other Indian and International Dessert recipes on the Blog?
What is Rice Kheer ?
The word kheer is derived from the Sanskrit word for milk, ksheer (क्षीर). Ksheer is also the archaic name for sweet rice pudding. Kheer was a part of the ancient Indian diet and is mentioned in the Ayurveda. As per ancient texts, kheer is just a mixture of Rice, Milk, and Sugar. Known and called by different names like Payas or payasam in the South of India. It’s an Indian version of Rice pudding made with Basmati rice cooked with milk and Sugar.
How is Rice Kheer | Pudding | Payasam prepared?
Rice kheer is traditionally prepared in a deep bottom and wide top pan. Rice is cooked on simmer with milk until soft and done. The sugar and flavors are added topped with dry fruits and nuts. These days different flavors can be added like mango kheer, strawberry kheer, etc.
Things needed to cook this Quick Rice Kheer in a pressure cooker?
You need a 5-liter cooker and a ladle.
What type of rice is good for kheer?
Basmati rice (cut or whole grain). Soaking the rice for a good time is necessary for a good texture of kheer.
Is Kheer healthy to eat?
Kheer or rice kheer contains rich in starch rice which yields a host of health benefits. It improves gut health, reduces inflammation, and boosts overall well-being. The rich in nutrient food is often hailed as divine nectar and has also proved beneficial for asthma patients.
Tips to make the perfect rice kheer.
- Choose a good basmati rice. You may use a variety of your choice, but prefer the rice which is thin and long and soft after cooking.
- Soaking the rice for minimum 1 hour and maximum 4 hours is important. Soaking ensures that the rice will be well cooked and softens and blends well with the milk.
- Add green cardomom for better flavor.
Other Dessert recipes -Indian and International on the Blog?
You may like:YUM