Dal Baati Churma recipe. Authentic Rajasthani recipe. This recipe has authentic flavors but lesser calories. Learn how to make an authentic Dal Baati Churma recipe with lesser calories. A lighter version of Baati and Churma.
Oven-Baked Baati’s and non-fried version of Churma. The perfect recipe to enjoy a dish with lesser calories. In the original recipe, the Baati dough is kneaded with a good amount of ghee. And then dipped again into ghee. The churma is also made from fried churma balls kneaded with ghee again.
How to make a lighter version of Baati
This recipe is lighter as the amount of ghee used while kneading is lesser than the original recipe. Ghee makes the Baatis soft and I have replaced the amount of ghee by adding soda by carb to keep the baatis soft inside. Also, the last dip of ghee has been replaced by just a glaze. Also, the baatis with the proportion suggested will come out soft, so you may just skip the last ghee dip altogether.
How to make the Churma low calorie
Original recipe: Kneading the dough with ghee. Making small balls and frying them. Grinding the fried balls and then mixing it with sugar and other things.
Making the Churma low calorie and healthier:
- In a wok/Kadai, heat 2 tbsp ghee. Add sooji and wheat flour to it and roast on medium flame till golden brown. Keep stirring for even cooking.
- When you begin to get the aroma, then add green cardamom powder and dry fruits (raisins, almonds, cashew)and keep stirring for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar and shut the flame. Mix well and serve.
This recipe comes out lighter, healthier and you can have it more often than the original version.
Some popular recipes on the blog:
- Moong Dal Kachori-Baked| Khasta Kachori-Baked
- Moong Dal Cheela |Easy Lentil Crepes | Vegan and gluten recipe free with indo italian filling
- Chana Dal Khichdi | Spiced Lentil Rice
- Baked Litti Chokha Katoris
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Mango Yogurt Popsicles
- Mango Melange Cooler
- Chickpeas fruit and nut salad with simple Greek dressing
- Indian Vegetarian Boondi Salad with simple sweet vinegar dressing
- Pindi Chole recipe | Pindi Chana Masala | Easy pindi chana recipe