Boondi Raita recipe. A yogurt-based condiment made with adding fried boondi made with gram flour and flavored with spices and herbs. A popular Indian dish paired with most dry vegetables and curry dishes. A staple in all Indian homes, especially during summers.
Raita is an Indian dish made with yogurt, spice powders, and veggies like onions, cucumbers & carrots. Also, make with herbs like mint and coriander. Raita is usually accompanied with biryani, pilaf, or dry veggies, or kebabs.
This is a simple but flavor full recipe of raita. Although it takes 5 minutes to prepare it, if you keep in mind a few key points, you can enhance the flavors a bit.
Points to remember while making raita:
- The curd you use should not be sour. Taste the plain curd, if you feel a little tanginess, add a little milk to it instead of water for consistency.
- Do not use the market-bought Bhuna jeera powder. Instead, use homemade Bhuna Jeera/ Roasted cumin seeds powder for better flavor and aroma. You can check the steps as to how to make the perfect Bhuna Jeera/ Roasted cumin powder at home here- Bhuna Jeera Powder recipe.
- The consistency: Some people like it runny and thin and some like it a bit thick. My advice- aloo raita should be served a bit thick. But boondi raita should be runny and not thick. It tastes better. The consistency should be like that of chaas/ buttermilk.
For Aloo raita recipe: Aloo Raita.
Boondi raita compliments and is served with many Indian curries and veggies. Some popular choices are.
- Shahi Aloo Gobi | Cauliflower Curry |How to make the best Shahi Gobi at home
- Pindi Chole recipe | Pindi Chana Masala | Easy pindi chana recipe
- Soybean Curry |Soya Aloo Matar | Nutrela Chunks
- Kamal Kakdi Aloo Sabzi | Aloo bhein sabzi | Lotus stem and Potato curry
- Arbi Fry | Sukhi Arbi Masala | Colocasia Fry | Arbi fry for Fasting
- Aloo Wadiyan- A punjabi delicacy
- Vegetable Pilaf | Veg Pulao in a Cooker – Ready in 15 minutes
- Punjabi Lobia Recipe / Black eyed peas -How to make the best Lobhia
- Black pepper rice/Pilaf -Kali Mirch
- Potato Curry/Vrat Ke Aloo
- Methi Aloo -30 Minute Meal recipe