Pindi Chole |Pindi Chana Masala |Easy Pindi chana recipe. A popular and classic Punjabi chana recipe made with chickpeas and a rich spice mix. Make these market-style Pindi Chole recipe with an easy step-by-step method.
Pindi chole | Pindi chana Masala | Easy Pindi chana recipe made with simple ingredients from the kitchen and easy to make steps. Restaurant-style Pindi chole recipe. Pindi chana, an authentic Punjabi chana recipe that can be made into a No-Onion- No Garlic recipe as well. This recipe can be well adapted into vegan, no-onion-no-garlic, and also no tomato recipe.
Pindi Chole |Pindi Chana Masala is an easy-to-make recipe. It goes well with Rice, Chapati, Bhature, Poori, Luchi flatbread, Tandoori roti, and Naan flatbread.
How To Make No-Onion No Garlic Pindi Chana
Heat oil/ ghee in a pan. Add tej patta, jeera, and grated ginger/ginger paste. Saute, until the ginger is golden in colour. Add the chana masala. Now, add a little water to avoid burning. Add Kasoori methi. Pour this into the boiled chana. Bring the chana to boil. Cook until thick.
Make this Pindi chole with Amritsari Kulcha, Pilaf Kali Mirch Pilaf, Paneer Biryani.
Other Popular Curries/ Mains Recipes :
- Shahi Aloo Gobi | Cauliflower Curry |How to make the best Shahi Gobi at home
- Langarwali Dal | Temple Dal | Langar Dal |How to make lentil made at the Indian Temples
- Rajma Masala | Rajma Masala -restaurant style
- Dal Makhani/ Makhani Dal- 30 minutes Meal
- Punjabi Lobia Recipe / Black eyed peas -How to make the best Lobhia
- Punjabi Chicken Curry
- Aloo Wadiyan- A punjabi delicacy
- Ghiya | Lauki Sabzi recipe | Bottle-gourd in Tomato Gravy | Ayurvedic benefits
- Shahi Paneer | Makhni Paneer |Restaurant Style Shahi Paneer
- Matar Paneer | Cottage cheese and peas gravy
Some Popular Snacks Recipes:
- Moong Dal Kachori-Baked| Khasta Kachori-Baked
- Punjabi Kadi Pakora | Low-Cal Recipe |How to make the best kadi pakora
- Potato and Lentil Croquettes- Vegan
- Paneer Tikka -How to make paneer tikka on griddle
- Chili Paneer Jalfrezi- How to cook perfect Chili Paneer Jalfrezi
Make this recipe and do leave us a comment.
- 4 cups Chana / white chickpeas soaked for 8-9 hour or overnight
- 1.5 tbsp salt or to taste
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 Black Cardomom
- 2-3 green cardomom
- 4 cloves Add to a potli/closed sieve
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds Add to a potli/closed sieve
- 1 tbsp jeera Add to a potli/closed sieve
- 1 tbsp methra seeds Add to a potli/closed sieve
- 1 tbsp Anardana seeds Add to a potli/closed sieve
- 1 tsp Ajwain seeds Add to a potli/closed sieve
- 1-2 Tea bags
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 tbsp Ghee / Mustard oil
- 1 tsp cumin seed jeera
- 2 Tej patta
- 2 big onions ground to paste
- 4 tsp Chana masala
- 2 medium Tomatoes pureed
- 2 tbsp ginger / ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste optional
- 2 tbsp kasoori methi /Fenugreek leaves
- Chopped onions for garnish
- Soak the chana overnight
- In the morning add all the ingredients to the preparation section. Make a muslin cloth potli/tea strainer and put the same while boiling.
- Add all these to a pressure cooker and put to a boil. Cook till one whistle on full and then 15 minutes on simmer.
- In pan heat ghee.
- Add jeera, tej patta, and add ground onions and cook till light brown.
- Now, add the chana masala and kasoori methi.
- Stir for 2 minutes till the onions leave oil.
- Add tomato paste( grind the tomatoes and ginger together). Add a pinch of salt for better cooking.
- When the oil separates add a bit of water and then add this gravy to the boiled chole. Mix well. Bring to one boil.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and sliced onions.
- Serve with Roti, bhature, poori, Naan, or Rice. Goe very well with Lucchi. Serve with onion and cucumber salad and mango pickle.
Leave a Reply