Green chutney |Coriander and mint Chutney |Green chutney for Chaat recipe– is a quick recipe of chutney made with fresh green coriander leaves , served with snacks or as a topping to any chaat or gol gappa or sev puri you are preparing.
Green chutney is made from fresh green coriander leaves ,ginger, garlic, onion, green chilies (lots of them),salt and black salt and a few mint leaves (optional) along with lemon juice.
Green chutney |Indian Pesto |Coriander chutney or Mint and coriander chutney is a versatile sauce which one can use even as a marinade of you favorite chicken recipes, chili paneer. You can enjoy this chutney anyway you like to. Enjoy it with your Vada Pao recipe.
It also goes well with many snacks like Crispy Onion Cutlets , Beetroot Burgers ,Jack and the bean stock and many more.Click the pictures for recipe link.
- 1/2 kg cilantro / green coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves optional
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp Black Salt or to taste
- 8-9 green chilies
- 1 onion small: chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger chopped
- 10 cloves garlic pealed/chopped
- 1 lemon juice from one lemon
- Wash the coriander leaves, mint leaves, onion,green chilies and keep them aside.
- Put the leaves, ginger, garlic, salt and green chilies in a mixer attachment. Grind till pureed.Add a little water if needed to puree.
- Taste and adjust the salt .add if needed. Also adjust the spiciness, add more or reduce the amount of green chilies as per your preference.
- Add the lemon juice and pulse once to mix.
- Serve with your favorite snack or enjoy with your lunch /dinner.
Analida @ ethnicspoon.com says
I love the spicy flavors in this chutney! Thanks for sharing!
Elaine @ Dishes Delish says
I can just imagine how delicious this chutney is! The color is so vibrant and the flavors with the cilantro and mint sounds absolutely perfect!
Kiki Johnson says
Delicious! We sometimes buy it ready made at the supermarket but I’m sure your homemade version is so much better. It looks perfect!
prasanna hede says
I love this chutney with almost everything,chaat,sandwich,dhokla! Great recipe.
Renee Gardner says
This would be so good on a steak!!! Yummy!
Marisa Franca says
What a gorgeous color and I bet the flavor perks up anything you put it on. I really like the flavor combination of cilantro and mint. I can imagine several of our meat meals it would taste great on.
Sri Mallya says
This goes well with almost anything. One of my favorite. Yummy
This looks so good as a marinade for chicken. Perfect before we toss it on the grill!
Jessica Knott says
We are always grilling out during the summer months and I love to try grill recipes with new sauces. This would be perfect as a marinade for chicken, steak, or fish!
Such a great recipe! I can see how there are so many delicious uses for this chutney.. beautiful color!
Karyl Henry says
I love the vibrant colors of this sauce! And it looks so simple to prepare. I think this would be so good as a sauce for chicken or steak too.
This is so colorful, with so many enticing flavors. I can’t wait to make this for topping an assortment of things!