* Sabudana *
This is my favorite and sometimes a staple diet during fasting.Although one can have this all year round but i like it during the fasting periods only. March and october. Its needless to say anything about the high nutritional value of this super food. So here is the recipe and enjoy your sabudana .
- 1 cup sabudana
- 3/4 cup Water sabudana or a little more till is nicely merged.
- 2 tsps Ginger chopped
- 2 chilies Green chopped
- 1 potato Boiled cut into cubes
- to taste Salt
- xbd tsp Jeera Cumin seeds /
- 2 tsps Ghee Butter / Clarified
- xbd tsp Turmeric powder ( optional)
- 10 - 12 curry leaves Kadi patta / (optional)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- xbc cup peanuts Roasted unsalted coarsely ground
- 2 - 3 tbsps Peanuts unsalted
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Soaking the sabudana: Soak the sabudana / Tapioca in 3/4th cup water.See that sabudana is nicely merged but the water level is equal to the quantity of sabudana.Little extra water also can make the tapioca sticky.Let this sit till the sabudana soaks all the water.This could take anything between 1- 1 xbd hr.
- For making the sabudana khichdi: Heat ghee in pan. Add Jeera seeds and let them splutter.Add the ginger and sautxe9 till light brown. Add the cubed potatoes and cook them till they get a rusty brown color.
- Now, add the salt and turmeric to the sabudana in the bowl itself and mix well.
- Add this salty sabudana to the pan and add green chillies and kadi patta. Saute for 2 minutes and add the crushed peanuts and mix well.Add the peanuts( whole) and mix and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Put it off flame and garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Leave a Reply