Vegetable Hakka Noodles is a perfect Chinese noodles recipe made at home. Easy and delicious tossed noodles made simply with veggies and sauce. Perfect, non-sticky noodles made at high flame tosses with veggies slightly crispy and sauce.
Making these perfect non-sticky Vegetable Hakka Noodles is simple with just some simple steps to remember. This recipe is special and we make these noodles fortnightly or sometimes weekly. And it comes out perfect without fail every time we make. Hakka noodles come in thin and medium-thick varieties. You may choose as per your taste preferences.
Points to remember for a perfect,non-sticky Noodles made at home.
- Choose the right types /brands of noodles.
- Boiling the noodles just right is critical as over boiled noodles break and stick more.
- When done immediately drain the hot water. Wash the noodles with cold water and grease them with little oil to make them not stick while the sauce is underway.
Steps to making the perfect Non-sticky Noodles every time.
- Heat 5 times the water: Noodles ratio. I.e. if you have 200 gms/1 pack then you need 5 cups of water to boil.
- Add 3 tbsp oil and 1.5 tbsp salt for boiling the noodles.
- Always add the noodles in boiling water to avoid a sticky texture later.
- Once the water starts to boil then add the noodles and mix.
- Spread the noodles in water for even cooking.
- Boil for a while on high flame. Keep moving the noodles and checking if they are done.
- How to check if Noodles are done: Take one noodle between your fingers, press, if the noodles break with a press and still don’t look too soft, its the right time to drain.
- Drain the noodles and immediately put in cold water to cool them and stop the cooking.
- Now, take 2 tbsp oil and sprinkle over the drained noodles. Mix them by hand nicely that to coat each noodle strand with oil. It ensures that while the noodles wait in the sieve they will not stick to each other.
- Keep them aside.
Greasing the noodles after wash with cold water is an important step to ensure each strand separated and non-sticky noodles.
Follow the recipe to the T and you will get the best results. This is a no-fail recipe and comes out perfect every time for me.
Few other Chinese recipes you may like on the blog:
- Mixed Vegetables in Schezwan Sauce | Schezwan Style Stir-fried Vegetables Recipe.
- Recipe Vegetable Fried Rice.
- Vegetables in sweet and sour sauce.
- American Egg Chopsuey.
- Veg Manchurian- Restaurant Style | Ready under 30 minutes