Veg Manchurian gravy- Restaurant Style |Ready under 30 minutes – Learn to make the quickest and easiest way to make Restaurant style Veg Manchurian at home. The best recipe for making restaurant-style Chinese.
This delicious recipe of Veg Manchurian makes 10 Manchurian balls and gravy for around 6-7 people. The balls are mixed with cornflour and turn out crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. You make follow the same recipe for Manchurian balls if making dry Manchurian too. Just the sauce preparation differs in the case of dry Manchurian.
Veg Manchurian goes best with Hakka Noodles. You may find the recipe of the best Hakka Noodles here: VEGETABLE HAKKA NOODLES
Chinese cuisine and dishes are light to eat and flavorful. They are best to try when you have a special occasion, party, get together, or just wish to get a taste change or menu change for the month. We make Chinese as a rule once a month or sometimes fortnightly.
Sometimes Chinese can be hard to make due to its fine chopping and cutting of vegetables. But you may manage that perfectly with a fine chopper to make it quick. I have a perfect chopper which makes it easy to chop all vegetables in no time. I’ll write another post on the kitchen appliances I use for quick cooking.
A few other Chinese recipes on the blog you may like.:
- Mixed Vegetables in Schezwan Sauce | Schezwan Style Stir-fried Vegetables Recipe.
- Vegetable Hakka Noodle Recipe| No-Fail recipe of making perfect non-sticky Noodles.
- Recipe Vegetable Fried Rice.
- American Egg Chopsuey
- Pan Fried Sole Fish with Green salad.
- Chili Paneer Jalfrezi- How to cook perfect Chili Paneer Jalfrezi.
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 1/4 cup onion finely-red onion
- 1/2 cup capsicum finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots grated
- 1/4 cup Grated or crumbled cottage cheese/Paneer
- 1/4 cup spring onion finely chopped: Greens and whites seperately
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Oil to fry
- 4 tbsp cornflour for binding
- 1/2 cup Soya Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Tomato ketchup
- 2-3 tbsp red chili sauce optional / as per taste preference
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp spring onion chopped
- 2 tbsp capsicum chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp spring onion greens- for garnish
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped mushrooms
- 2-3 tsp corflour mixed with 1/4 cup water for gravy.
- Chop all the vegetables and keep in a bowl.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and spices.
- Make small balls and keep aside. In case the batter is not binding well or has more moisture, then add a little more cornflour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Bring to boiling hot and then simmer.
- Start putting the balls and fry till golden brown. Fry all the balls and keep aside while we prepare the gravy.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add garlic paste and the vegetables.
- Add salt and black pepper powder. Simmer and saute for 2 minutes or till soft.
- In a separate bowl, mix the tomato ketchup, soya sauce, chili sauce, vinegar, and sugar.
- Add this mixture to the pan now. Mix well and saute the sauce for 3-4 minutes. Keep on simmer till this is boiling.
- Add the cornflour+water paste now. Run the cornflour mix through a sieve into the sauce to avoid lumps.
- Mix well, Add the Manchurian balls now and mix well. Bring to one boil.
- Bring off the flame and garnish with spring onion greens and sesame seeds.
- Serve hot with fried rice or Hakka Noodles.
Love that this is a vegetarian recipe. Amazing combination of healthy veggies and a perfect and flavorful gravy.
This Veg Manchurian looks super tasty! I love all the flavours in this dish, especially the gravy. Will definitely have to try this the next time I have a big family gathering!
Kathryn Donangelo says
Love all of the healthy ingredients in this!! I could eat this any time of year too- delicious!
Yum! We made this for our veggie night and it was so good, very flavorful gravy and the texture of the Manchurian balls was really good.
Heidy M says
This Restaurant-Style Veg Manchurian was fantastic! I loved how it was ready in 30 minutes and on the dinner table. My husband enjoyed the recipe and asked me to make it again!
Amy Liu Dong says
Wow! This looks really delicious and very tasty. The best part is that this is a vegetarian dish that everybody will definitely crave for. I loved this kind of recipe that’s easy to make but will satisfy your crave.
What a great recipe, ideal to share with family and friends at any gathering! The gravy sauce looks and sounds so delicious, I y it with some chicken or beef too!
GUNJAN C Dudani says
My father in law have been craving for veg Manchurian for a while and I finally made him your recipe. It turned out prefect and so delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Loreto Nardelli says
Absolutely love the color of this do rich and must taste just incredible. Yes Chinese cuisine could be laborious, however so worth it when the end result looks like this!