Masala Sandwich recipe |Mumbai Masala Sandwich-Chaat Flavor is a popular sandwich recipe. A STEP-BY-STEP recipe with pictures. There are many versions of this Masala Sandwich. This recipe is Masala Sandwich with Chaat Flavor. Delicious, sweet, tangy, chili flavor. The best masala sandwich recipe.
This is my favorite Masala Sandwich. Especially, when you want to have Chaat / Dahi Bhalla Papari. But either you have less Time or wish for a low cal alternative. This sandwich replicates the exact flavors and is easy on your tummy too.
This masala sandwich replicates the similar flavors of my favorite Chaat recipe the: DAHI BHALLA. You may even club this recipe by making a few other popular Chaat Recipes like:
Moong Dal Kachori-Baked| Khasta Kachori-Baked
Paneer Tikka -How to make paneer tikka on griddle
Samosa with wholewheat flour
Veg Seekh Kabab
Moong Dal/Green Gram Pakoras (Fritters)
Essentials you Need for this recipe:
- Prepare the Green Coriander Chutney and Tamarind chutney in advance.
- Chopped Onions.
- Sliced Tomatoes, cucumber.
- Gas Toaster or Electric griller or toaster.
- Chopped coriander leaves.
- Barbeque Sauce.
- Spices and condiments.
- Bhuna Jeera. Prefer to make it at home for better flavor. Otherwise market bought jeera powder/cumin powder will do.
- 12 whole wheat bread slices or White bread as per preference
- 1 big cucumber Indian
- 3 mebium Tomatoes
- 2 medium Chopped onions
- 1/4 cup sev
- 3-4 tsp salt
- 3-4 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 3-4 tsp chaat masala
- 3-4 tsp cumin powder/ bhuna jeera
- 1/4 cup Haldiram All in one Namkeen optional
- 1/4 cup curd / dahi beaten- optional.
- Step 1: Take a bread slice and apply butter to it. Step 2: Then apply some mint and coriander chutney.
- Now, place tomato slices on this. Put some chopped onions. Step 3,4,5: Sprinkle some salt, red chili, chaat masala, and bhuna jeera power. Now, add some chopped coriander leaves. The on another slice, apply some Barbeque sauce and place this slice on top of it. The Barbeque sauce side to go inside.
- Step 6,7: Now, apply butter again on top of this layer. And then green chutney again.
- Step 8,9: Place cucumber slices. If you prefer, you may add some more. Sprinkle salt, chaat masala, and jeera powder again on this layer too. Add some coriander leaves.
- Close this with a bread slice. Apply some butter on top and bottom both before cooking in the Gas Toaster or Electric toaster. I have used a gas toaster as it gives a more rustic flavor. Cook on both sides. Once done take out of the toaster.
- Place this on the serving plate. Now garnish with: Tamarind sauce/samosa chutney, chopped onions, coriander leaves, some beaten curd, and Sev on top. Sprinkle some salt and red chili powder. Serve immediately.
- If you wish to omit curd due to taste preferences, you may.
For some more flavor: Add Haldiram All-In-One Namkeen.
Leave a Reply