Moong dal Kachori- Baked. Moong dal kachori is a popular Indian snack made with yellow lentil filled in a crispy flour dumpling fried in oil. But this is a low-cal and low-fat version. While the original recipe calls for the kachoris to be fried, in this recipe I have Baked the kachoris. Making them low in calories.
Baking- does not take any compromise in the flavors of the kachoris. The kachoris come out to be super crispy and crack like the fried kachoris. But Baking helps to make it more healthy and low in fat.
How to make Baked-khasta kachoris / Things to remember
- Moin the flour nicely. It means add ghee to the flour and mix it properly to get each portion to incorporate the oil/ghee nicely before you start kneading.
- Make the masala filling with soaked moong dal and saute in ghee/oil. I have fried it in 2 tbsp ghee only to make it light and low fat. If you prefer you may add more ghee while frying and omit the water.
- Cost/grease the kachoris with ghee before baking to ensure even cooking and a nice light brown color.
These kachoris taste lovely with Aloo/ Potato gravy.
Some other Snacks you may like.
- Gujiya -Baked | How to make Baked Mawa gujiya with milk powder
- Moong Dal Cheela |Easy Lentil Crepes | Vegan and gluten recipe free with indo Italian filling
- Moong Dal/Green Gram Pakoras (Fritters)
- GREEN LENTIL BURGERS- Vegan |Gluten free | Step by step recipe
- Dahi bhalla recipe| How to make the softest dahi bhalla
- Jack and the Bean stock-healthy snack recipe
- Potato and Lentil Croquettes- Vegan
If you like the recipe please do leave a comment.