Punjabi Kadi Pakora | Low-Cal Recipe |How to make the best kadi pakora. Famous Kadi Pakora or fried dumplings in yoghurt gravy. A popular north Indian dish and a staple in many households including ours. Kadi Pakora has many versions to it: Gujrati Kadi, Rajasthani Kadi, and Maharashtrian kadhi.
Punjabi Kadi Pakoda has its origin in Rajasthani cuisine. The flavors are inspired by Rajasthani cuisine. Although, in spite of many similarities it still has its distinct preparation and ingredients. Once you make Punjabi Kadi Pakora by this recipe you’ll never make it any other way.
You may make this Punjabi Kadi Pakora without frying the pakora/dumplings. This makes this recipe and the dish Low Calorie/Low fat. Its also makes it light on the tummy.
What do you need for making the Dumplings/ Pakoras:
- Appe Pan
How to Make The Non-fried Dumplings/ Pakora:
- Put the Appe pan on High flame.
- Pour 1/2 tsp oil in each cavity.
- Pour 1 tbsp gram flour /dumpling batter in each cavity. Fill up each cavity till the top.
- Simmer the flame and cover and cook till done. This will take anywhere between 5-7 minutes on each side. You need to roll the dumplings/ pakora upside down each side to cook.
Some Other Punjabi Recipe you may like:
- Punjabi Chicken Curry.
- Aloo Wadiyan Recipe
- Aloo Choliya Recipe
- Methi Aloo
- Kamal Kakdi Aloo Sabzi /Lotus Stem Potato Gravy
- Chole Bhature
- Rajma Chawal