Mango Pickle |Mango Chutney | Easy Mango Pickle recipe is a super easy pickle recipe to make at home. Easy 3-STEP recipe to follow. Easy Step-by-Step Instructions with pictures.This Mango Pickle recipe is a fusion of old heirloom flavors and a new easy way to relish the delicious tangy, spicy and nutty flavor with your favorite Khichdi, Mathri, or just simple Dal chawal.
- How to make this easy and delicious Mango Pickle?
- Tips to make a perfect pickle with long lasting shelf life?
- Other Pickle recipes on the blog.
- Recipes which you can relish with this Mango Pickle.
How to make this easy and delicious Mango Pickle?
Usually, making a pickle is a long and tedious process. Wash the fruit, cut, dry the pieces into the sun for several days ad then bottling the pickle to again cook in the heat of the Sun.
This Easy to make pickle recipe is a relief. It’s quick and simple to put together and ready in a week’s time.
Step1: Washing the mangoes nicely, soaking them in water for 1/2 to 1 hour. Then dry them on the shelf for a few hours. Slicing them in thin and bite-sized pieces.
Step 2: Sundry the sliced mango pieces. for a full day in the sun to release the extra moisture in them.
Step 3: Make the masala and mix with oil. Mix the mango pieces with them. Check for salt and red chili. Pour into glass bottles/barnis and Put them in the sun for a week/ 6-7 hours daily.
Tips to make a perfect pickle with long-lasting shelf life?
Pickles are a way to preserve food for a longer time. In simple words, extending the shelf life of the food item and also adding a typical flavor to it by way of fermentation. Pickling in real terms is removing moisture for food and preserving them into oil, salt, brine, or Vinegar.
In this Mango pickle salt and Oil behave as preservatives. Sun cooks it further making it soft and bursting with flavors.
1. Follow each step completely. Drying the cut pieces into the sun for one full day is crucial. As any left over moisture will allow the pickle to spoil earlier than expected.
2. Wash your hands and wipe them dry properly. Any moisture in your hands can transfer to the pickle and spoil it.
3. Any drop of water / moisture allows the generation of Fungi into the pickles bottle. Hence , proper sun bathing / Putting in the sun till cooked, is also important.
4. Add enough oil at the bottom before you add the pickle and then fill on the top so that the pickled pieces are dipped under the oil nicely. Oil too ensures no moisture reaches the pickle and hence the pickle lasts long.