Kachori Aloo -Baked Recipe | Onion Kachori Recipe. A Step-by-Step recipe with pictures in the recipe card. Kachoris stuffed with sauteed onions flavored with lentil flour and spices. Spicy and a bit tangy flavor. Served best with Potato Curry or Kachori wale aloo and green mint and coriander chutney.
- What is Kachori Aloo?
- Why Baked Onion Kachori Aloo?
- Other Baked Snacks on the Blog.
- Nutritional Value.
- Pro Tips
An easy-to-prepare, healthy, low fat, and low-calorie recipe. With instructions given for both Baked as well as Frying the Kachoris. Follow me on Instagram for regular updates on my recipes.->
What Is Kachori Aloo?
A popular Indian Snack. Some people like it as Breakfast too. Originated in Rajasthan. Now a craze all over India. Kachori Aloo / Pyaz ki Kachori is prepared in different parts of the country with different variations to its flavors. Especially the Aloo sabzi / Potato gravy has its regional variations.
Kachori is a deep-fried snack made with a variety of different stuffing options like moong dal, urad, onion, Mewa, Matar, and many more. Each one to its own taste. You can have the one you like most. Served with Aloo gravy, Chole sabzi, or Khatti Meethi chutney/ Tamarind Chutney. Also serves as a Chaat. Delhi also has another kind of kachori, called ‘Khasta kachori’ or ‘Raj Kachori’. Rajasthan has ‘onion kachori’ and Mewa Kachori’. Gujrat usually serves Moong dal stuffed Kachoris spiced with black pepper and red chili powder and flavored with ginger. Baked Moong Dal Kachori.
Some of the variants in North India include a version similar to the Rajasthani one, accompanied by a curry made of potatoes and varied spices or even chana (chole) similar to one served in chole bhature. Check out the Baked Chole Bhature Mini Bites Recipe on my blog. In some parts of Indian, it also served with Chole / Chickpeas Gravy.
Why Baked Kachori?
The consumers and foodies world over are shifting to ‘Baked’ varieties of the quintessential ‘Fried’ Indian snacks. Many Snacks are getting this ‘Baked Makeover’ like our very own Samosa, Gujiya, Tikki, Mathri and now Kachori. This way the modern consumer connects with the traditional recipes. Everyone is looking to get fitter, healthier but at the same time relish their food and indulge into the popular snacks. The ‘Baked’ avatars are low in calories and healthier for the heart.
Other Baked Snacks.
|Nutrition Facts (Serves 10 Kachories) approx.|
|Total Calories 186|
- For Making Kachori Khasta: Moin or Roux is added to the flour to make the crust khasta or crunchy. To make it in the oven and to keep it light and low calorie, we added 3 cups (600 gms) flour and 1/4 cup oil. Mixing the oil in the dry flour is very critical for the same.
- Brush the rolled kachoris with oil /ghee before putting in the pre-heated oven.
- Bake in the Muffin pan for an even cooking/browning.
- First 25 min put on Bake option with lower element on. Then for last 10-12 min put on both the elements on for even browning.
- For a nice glaze before serving, brush the hot with oil. This ensures that the kachoris are not dry on the outside.
- Roll the kachoris thin but not too thin. This will ensure that no flour is left uncooked. and the crust is cooked well.