Ash Gourd Sambar recipe | Kumblakai Koddel or Sambar is a healthy sambar recipe made with Ash Gourd or Winter melon. Sambar recipe made with ash gourd, brinjal, onion, and tomato and spiced with sambar powder. Served best with Dahi Vada /Thayir Vadas and Ash gourd Coconut Chutney.
Why Ash Gourd Sambar:
Ash gourd is an extremely healthy vegetable. Also known as Chinese Melon, Winter melon, white pumpkin. Its mild taste matches the flavors of cucumber. Comprising of 95 percent water, it’s very low in calories and rich in fiber.
#Nutritional Value: Per 100 gms.
Protein: > 1 gram.
Fiber: 3 grams.
Carbohydrate :3 gms.
It has a high amount of Anti-oxidants. Besides these numerous benefits, it is good for digestion and reduces Blood sugar levels.
Ash gourd is considered to have medicinal properties. Ash gourd juice is another popular recipe. It has anti-cancerous properties. It prevents ulcers, reduces inflammation, and has antimicrobial properties.
Any other vegetable, you know, has these many benefits?
This is a SUPER FOOD!
In Southern India and north India, many recipes are prepared with Ash Gourd. Like, Petha, Ash gourd Curry, Ash gourd Juice, Kerela Ash gourd gravy, and the popular Ash Gourd Sambar and Ash gourd Coconut chutney.
Popular Recipes on the Blog:
- Instant Coconut chutney
- Green Chutney | Coriander Chutney
- Tomato Onion Chutney-Dosa/Idli Chutney-Restaurant style
- Easy Idli/Dosa Batter -How to make Idli /Dosa Batter at home
- Vrat Dosa
- Malai Kofta in white gravy recipe |Malai Kofta gravy restaurant-style |With and without paneer
- Aval Payasam |Poha Kheer | Poha Kheer with Jaggery
- Sabudana Kheer / Tapioca Pudding
- Gulab Phirni / Rose Phirni/Rose Rice Pudding
- Dahi Vada /Thayir Vadas